Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Eureka! How to create or get rid of scrollbars in Netscape

Re: Eureka! How to create or get rid of scrollbars in Netscape

EightNineThree

"My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93C84274C95E5HombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76. 16...
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Hywel Jenkins) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
> > My Liege <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:<Xns93C7AF641FA9HombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76. 16>...
> >> Put the page in a frame and then use the frame controls for the
> >> scrollbar. I've done this in my page at
> >> http://www.mfnbc.com/links/links.htm which required it due to
> >> Netscape's inability to distinguish between visible and hidden
> >> layers. IOW, it assumed the content on the page extended furthur than
> >> it does and thus made a scrollbar who's effect was to scroll the
> >> buttons on top off of the page. After seeing countless sites claiming
> >> it impossible to control scrollbars in Netscape, I'm happy to have
> >> found a way to do it.

> > It's a dumb thing to do. Have you tried viewing that page at 640x480?
> > Have you tried it at 500w x 900h?

> Yep, fortunately most people surf with the window maximized.

Lets see the statistics.
Don't just barf out **** onto the screen, lets see references for this
claim.

--
Karl Core

Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

My Liege

"EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bg9efl$ia0$(E-Mail Removed):

> "My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns93C84274C95E5HombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76. 16...
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Hywel Jenkins) wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>>
>> > My Liege <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:<Xns93C7AF641FA9HombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76. 16>...

than

claiming

>> > It's a dumb thing to do. Have you tried viewing that page at

640x480?
>> > Have you tried it at 500w x 900h?

>> Yep, fortunately most people surf with the window maximized.
>>

> Lets see the statistics.
> Don't just barf out **** onto the screen, lets see references for this
> claim.

Why do I need to provide statistics about things which are totally
obvious to any sane person? Do you need a statistic showing that the sun
rises in the morning and sets in the evening too? Or a statistic showing
that you're currently in "that time of the month"?

news:Xns93C8B4A6C71FHombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76.1 6...
> "EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:bg9efl$ia0$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Xns93C84274C95E5HombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76. 16...
> >> (E-Mail Removed) (Hywel Jenkins) wrote in
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> than

> claiming

> 640x480?
> >>

> >> Yep, fortunately most people surf with the window maximized.
> >>

> > Lets see the statistics.
> > Don't just barf out **** onto the screen, lets see references for this
> > claim.
> >

> Why do I need to provide statistics about things which are totally
> obvious to any sane person? Do you need a statistic showing that the sun
> rises in the morning and sets in the evening too? Or a statistic showing
> that you're currently in "that time of the month"?

Read the above as " 'My Liege' is a ****ing moron who has no proof for his
assinine and incorrect claim."

Lets make this simple for you, cupcake. You aren't talking to hobbyists
here who are making things up (like you apparently love to do).
In many cases, you're talking to professionals in this field.
I get paid handsomely to manage the corporate identity and e-commerce
offerings of a large financial institution in the Washington DC area.
The site gets 11 million hits a month and processes millions of dollars in
transactions a month.

Others here are in similar positions.
Lets see here. Who would you guess is the recognized and credible party in
this discussion?
You? Faceless moron with a broken hobby site? I don't think so.

--
Karl Core

Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

My Liege

Kris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl:

>> > Lets see the statistics.
>> > Don't just barf out **** onto the screen, lets see references for
>> > this claim.
>> >

>> Why do I need to provide statistics about things which are totally
>> obvious to any sane person? Do you need a statistic showing that the
>> sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening too? Or a statistic
>> showing that you're currently in "that time of the month"?

> You are an ignorant,

That's true. There are many things I'm ignorant about. But then again,
who could honestly say otherwise?

> self-absorbed

If you were as cool as me you'd be self-absorbed too.

> troll.

Well, I admit, I have resorted to a little trolling in reply to the
nastier folks in this thread.

> You don't need the people in
> here;

"Everybody needs somebody sometimes..."

> not for help,

I didn't *ask* for help.

> not for attention,

But it is fun.

> not for acknowledging what you
> are.

True.

> Do everybody and yourself a favor and get lost.

Why would I want to do you all favors?

> Don't forget to take your big invention with you and put it somewhere
> warm and tight, void of daylight.

And turn my back on all those helpless souls searching, hoping, and
sometimes even begging for a way to control the scrollbar in gecko based
browsers? Maybe you can ignore all their pleas and sad faces, but I was
raised to be a compassionate human being. So the next time you find
yourself dangling helpless over the side of a bridge, I hope for your
sake the only person to come by is a little more like me, than like you.

My Liege

"EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bg9jda$l5r$(E-Mail Removed):

> "My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns93C8B4A6C71FHombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76.1 6...
>> "EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:bg9efl$ia0$(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>> > "My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:Xns93C84274C95E5HombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76. 16...

>> than

>> claiming

>> 640x480?

>> > Lets see the statistics.
>> > Don't just barf out **** onto the screen, lets see references for
>> > this claim.
>> >

>> Why do I need to provide statistics about things which are totally
>> obvious to any sane person? Do you need a statistic showing that the
>> sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening too? Or a statistic
>> showing that you're currently in "that time of the month"?

> Read the above as " 'My Liege' is a ****ing moron who has no proof for
> his assinine and incorrect claim."

Proof was posted. Its not my fault you're all too simian to translate
Chinese.

> Lets make this simple for you, cupcake.

You scamp you!

> You aren't talking to
> hobbyists here who are making things up (like you apparently love to
> do). In many cases, you're talking to professionals in this field.

Yes, I understand that your group is pretty competent and more
knowledgable about web design than I. You're also a rude bunch of
arrogant shitheads who take themselves way too seriously, attempting to
demean any who dare question your royal proclamations about design
*philosophy*.

> I get paid handsomely to manage the corporate identity and e-commerce
> offerings of a large financial institution in the Washington DC area.
> The site gets 11 million hits a month and processes millions of
> dollars in transactions a month.

La-de-da.

> Others here are in similar positions.
> Lets see here. Who would you guess is the recognized and credible
> party in this discussion?

The one who understand that appealling to *yourself* as an authority in
order to avoid providing an actual argument for your position is
incredibly weak.

> You? Faceless moron with a broken hobby site? I don't think so.

Ad hominems like that are not only unimpressive, they're also dangerous.
Not so much because people might think you wrong, but moreso because they
might agree that I am indeed a moron. Not only might they question the
intelligence of one who would feel a need to tell a moron that they are a
moron, but that opens up the possibility of me expressing envy for the
merciful freedom from the ravages of the intellect which you enjoy, thus
proving that even a moron is more eloquent in belittling another's mental
facalties than you. What conclusions does this lead to about you?

news:Xns93C8C0F9E1208HombreVIIIyahoocom@204.127.20 4.17...

Great. So shut the **** up, then.

--
Karl Core

Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

My Liege

"EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bg9mjr$ms3$(E-Mail Removed):

> "My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns93C8C0F9E1208HombreVIIIyahoocom@204.127.20 4.17...
>> "EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:bg9jda$l5r$(E-Mail Removed):

>> > You aren't talking to
>> > hobbyists here who are making things up (like you apparently love to
>> > do). In many cases, you're talking to professionals in this field.

>> Yes, I understand that your group is pretty competent and more
>> knowledgable about web design than I.

> Great. So shut the **** up, then.

Only if you admit you're a little bitch who can't defend his position in
spite of his amazing job.

news:Xns93C8C3710B082HombreVIIIyahoocom@204.127.20 4.17...
> "EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:bg9mjr$ms3$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Xns93C8C0F9E1208HombreVIIIyahoocom@204.127.20 4.17...
> >> "EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> news:bg9jda$l5r$(E-Mail Removed):

> >> Yes, I understand that your group is pretty competent and more
> >> knowledgable about web design than I.

> > Great. So shut the **** up, then.

> Only if you admit you're a little bitch who can't defend his position in
> spite of his amazing job.

You're right. I'm a little bitch.
I'll pay for your planefare to say it to my face, sweetcheeks

http://www.murderthestupid.com/images/karlcore.jpg

--
Karl Core

Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

My Liege

"EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bg9o7t$ni9$(E-Mail Removed):

> "My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns93C8C3710B082HombreVIIIyahoocom@204.127.20 4.17...
>> "EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:bg9mjr$ms3$(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>> > "My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:Xns93C8C0F9E1208HombreVIIIyahoocom@204.127.20 4.17...

>> > Great. So shut the **** up, then.

>> Only if you admit you're a little bitch who can't defend his position
>> in spite of his amazing job.

> You're right. I'm a little bitch.

Being aware of the problem is the first step in solving it. Good for you!

> I'll pay for your planefare to say it to my face, sweetcheeks

Cool, I'm gonna go set up my Paypal account now.

> http://www.murderthestupid.com/images/karlcore.jpg

Hey you're pretty cute little girl.