Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Image slice problem with Netscape 4.51

Image slice problem with Netscape 4.51

Klaus

Hello,

I made a website with some tables and sliced images that look fin with
a couple of browsers but didn't look nice with Netscape 4.51.

I have tired for hours to fix the problem but didn't have a clue! All
images have border=0 and even V and Hspace=0. The table is spacing,
padding and border is 0. The table height and width is defined.

You may have a look at www.pa-bielefeld-osnabrueck.de.

The other problem (if you might see) is the page offset. The page
should start at to of the browser windows offset=0 (and does in all
browsers I have checked except Netscpae 4.51). Maybe you have also an
idea for this one.

Thanks for any hint.

Greetings,
Klaus

brucie

In post <(E-Mail Removed)>
Klaus said...

> I made a website with some tables

you shouldn't use tables for layout. use CSS

> and sliced images that look fin with a couple of browsers but didn't look
> nice with Netscape 4.51.

NS<6 are crappy but the first step in fixing a problem is to fix the
errors in your markup to ensure that the browser is the problem and
not your markup:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...osnabrueck.de/

> I have tired for hours to fix the problem but didn't have a clue!

apart from ensuring my markup was valid i wouldn't bother fixing a
problem that only occurs in one very old browser. i recommend dumping
the tables and re-do using CSS.

--
brucie a. blackford. 26/July/2003 07:25:15 pm kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/