Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: POSTs and GETs questions

Re: POSTs and GETs questions

Zak McGregor

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:13:45 +0200, Chris Morris <"Chris Morris"
<(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote:

> Though there's nothing to stop a user agent doing a POST without
> following a form if requested to. wget can, I believe. This is
> definitely an obscure case, though.

Not at all obscure. A number of applications/packages can aribitrarily
perform POSTs or GETs. Curl, LWP and the above-mentioned Wget all support
POSTing without going via a form. In fact, all the form does is set up
the name/value pairs that the UA then submits to the server either via a
GET or a POST.

Ciao

Zak

http://www.carfolio.com/ Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs

Questions about posts here Tuc Cisco 0 08-10-2007 01:15 AM
Return of gets gets John Joyce Ruby 0 04-23-2007 01:38 PM
gets gets John Joyce Ruby 2 03-26-2007 04:00 PM
XMLHttpRequest gets data to display in element but data gets appended not replaces previous! libsfan01 Javascript 5 12-20-2006 06:25 AM
Not only the selected HREF gets surrounded, but the whole row gets surrounded Stefan Mueller HTML 5 07-10-2006 11:53 AM

Advertisments