Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Free Design of Website

Re: Free Design of Website

Mr. Clean

In article <3f1d4a41$0$3867$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hi there i have just started a company and we are looking to get some credit
> by doing a couple of free website.
> The sites that we design for you will be 100% error free in according to
> WDG.
> Please visit our site http://www.obiwebdesigns.com
> And email us if you have any questions.
> Ryan Pelzer

Oh, it's screwed up in Mozilla, too...

Ryan Pelzer

"Mr. Clean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <3f1d4a41$0$3867$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Hi there i have just started a company and we are looking to get some

credit
> > by doing a couple of free website.
> > The sites that we design for you will be 100% error free in according to
> > WDG.
> > Please visit our site http://www.obiwebdesigns.com
> > And email us if you have any questions.
> > Ryan Pelzer
> >

> Oh, it's screwed up in Mozilla, too...

Are you sure about that. cause i just checked and it was working fine...
You might want to try again.
Ryan Pelzer

Ben

Ryan Pelzer wrote:
> Are you sure about that. cause i just checked and it was working fine...
> You might want to try again.
> Ryan Pelzer

Increasing text size runs the 2 columns into the text below that reads
"web designs".

--
BTW. I can be contacted at Username:newsgroup4.replies.benaltw
Domainoxy.net

Ryan Pelzer

"Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfjl0j$f6tce$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Ryan Pelzer wrote:
> > Are you sure about that. cause i just checked and it was working fine...
> > You might want to try again.
> > Ryan Pelzer

> Increasing text size runs the 2 columns into the text below that reads
> "web designs".
>
> --
> BTW. I can be contacted at Username:newsgroup4.replies.benaltw
> Domainoxy.net

May i ask what browser you are using?
Ryan Pelzer

Ben

Ryan Pelzer wrote:
>>Increasing text size runs the 2 columns into the text below that reads
>>"web designs".
>>

> May i ask what browser you are using?

Mozilla 1.4. The navigation menu also runs into itself when the text
size is increased. The text by default appears extremely small which
could be due to my screen resolution so I do a ctrl-+ twice to increase
it to a comfortable size.

regards,
Ben

--
BTW. I can be contacted at Username:newsgroup4.replies.benaltw
Domainoxy.net

Ryan Pelzer

"Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfjlvb$fj6h9$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Ryan Pelzer wrote:
> >>Increasing text size runs the 2 columns into the text below that reads
> >>"web designs".
> >>

> > May i ask what browser you are using?

> Mozilla 1.4. The navigation menu also runs into itself when the text
> size is increased. The text by default appears extremely small which
> could be due to my screen resolution so I do a ctrl-+ twice to increase
> it to a comfortable size.
>
> regards,
> Ben
>
> --
> BTW. I can be contacted at Username:newsgroup4.replies.benaltw
> Domainoxy.net

Oh i see now.. well i might have to re size the font. what do you think a
good size is then. if that is too uncomfortable.
Ryan

Chris Morris

"Ryan Pelzer" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Oh i see now.. well i might have to re size the font. what do you think a
> good size is then. if that is too uncomfortable.

Just design it so that it works regardless of exact font size. What
users find comfortable will vary from browser to browser - you could
probably guarantee that a size of 20pt for body text would be readable
by almost everyone, but it would also be too large for (a slightly
different) almost everyone as well.

The only sensible thing to do is to keep the body text size as the
browser default (100% or 1em or medium in CSS), and scale everything
else relative to that (don't go below 100% for anything important,
don't go below 80% at all would be my recommendation, though there are
some who recommend not going below 100% at all).

The browser default size can be incredibly variable, between the 3
browser test machines (1 linux, 1 windows, 1 mac) and my work machine
(windows, but a larger monitor than the other one) the 'factory
default' settings gave a 40% difference in apparent font size. That's
*before* any user changes any settings.

--
Chris

kchayka

Chris Morris wrote:

> The only sensible thing to do is to keep the body text size as the
> browser default (100% or 1em or medium in CSS),

"Medium" is not necessarily the same as 100% or 1em, especially in IE.
My default size in IE is "Larger", so font-size:medium would actually
make it smaller than I'd like. 1em/100% is whatever the default setting
happens to be.

I would avoid keywords, except for maybe "smaller" and "larger".

--
To email a reply, remove (dash)ns(dash). Mail sent to the ns
address is automatically deleted and will not be read.