Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > animated GIF plays too slowly

animated GIF plays too slowly

Robert Oschler

If you look at the spinning diamond animated GIF on this page:

http://audio.spiderchase.com/

you will see it spinning at about half the rate I want it to spin it. It
does spin at the right speed in ULead GIF animator before I export it.
What's weird is, when the page first loads, for about a 1/2 second it spins
at the right speed and motors down to the slower rate. It's as if Internet
Explorer can't keep up with it or something. There seems to a ceiling to
the frames per second I can get. I tried lowering the interframe delay to
less than 1/50 of a second which should be blazing, but it stays at the same
slower speed (except for the first 1/2 second as I said).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

thx

--

Robert Oschler
"Let the web hear you, add your voice to your web site in minutes!"

Don McCahill

Robert Oschler wrote:

> If you look at the spinning diamond animated GIF on this page:
>
> http://audio.spiderchase.com/
>
> you will see it spinning at about half the rate I want it to spin it. It
> does spin at the right speed in ULead GIF animator before I export it.
> What's weird is, when the page first loads, for about a 1/2 second it spins
> at the right speed and motors down to the slower rate. It's as if Internet
> Explorer can't keep up with it or something. There seems to a ceiling to
> the frames per second I can get. I tried lowering the interframe delay to
> less than 1/50 of a second which should be blazing, but it stays at the same
> slower speed (except for the first 1/2 second as I said).
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> thx
>
> --

Reduce the number of frames played. You are right, the browser/computer
cannot keep up to the play rate you are setting.

Freeware to make animated GIF (can Irfanview make an animated GIF?) Annu Pai Digital Photography 4 11-23-2009 12:52 AM
movie plays slowly zoharl3@gmail.com Computer Support 3 08-26-2005 10:02 AM
reading an animated gif ... =?Utf-8?B?S29lbiBIb29yZWxiZWtl?= ASP .Net 2 10-10-2004 12:37 AM
Animated GIF handling Shabam ASP .Net 0 03-05-2004 11:46 PM
Creating animated GIF dynamically Jeronimo Bertran ASP .Net 1 11-14-2003 03:46 AM

Advertisments