Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > 3 frames

3 frames

S. Schnell

Hi, okay, first of all I confess that I am a total newbie, learning HTML
with self html.
The problem, I've got by now, is that I want to create a page with 3
frames, like self-html shows this here:
http://selfhtml.teamone.de/html/frames/frameset4.gif

So here is what I wrote:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
<head>
<title>Text des universellen Titels</title>
</head>
<frameset cols="30%,70%">
<frame src="verweise2.html" name="Navigation">
<frameset rows="20%,80%">
<frame src="startseite.html" name="Daten">
<frame scr="verweise.html" name="2">
<noframes>
nischt
</noframes>
</frameset>
<noframes>
Ihr Browser kann diese Seite leider nicht anzeigen!
</noframes>

</frameset>

(german, as you realize ^^)
okay, all three pages (startseite, verweise, verweise2) are existing, but I
won't see the content of one frame, including the content of verweise.html
I don't see the problem, could somebody please help me?
thanks,
Susan

S. Schnell

> Do not use frames. They are obsolete and evil. Search
> http://groups.google.com for "frames are evil" for the full report

hrhr, okay, that's great, I'm sooo evil too... really =P~~

> > with self html.

> Er, what is that?

Oops, I thought everyone'd know about that, it's an online lesson, that
teachs the use of HTML...(maybe it's only a german thing, dunno)
But in my case, it lacks some informations...

So, I'd still like to try with those frames and would be really happy 'bout
any tips
Thanks
and so long,
Susan

Michael Weber

[Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:52:17 +0200/S. Schnell]
> Hi, okay, first of all I confess that I am a total newbie, learning HTML
> with self html.
> The problem, I've got by now, is that I want to create a page with 3
> frames, like self-html shows this here:
> http://selfhtml.teamone.de/html/frames/frameset4.gif
>
> So here is what I wrote:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
> <head>
> <title>Text des universellen Titels</title>
> </head>
> <frameset cols="30%,70%">
> <frame src="verweise2.html" name="Navigation">
> <frameset rows="20%,80%">

> <frame src="startseite.html" name="Daten">
> <frame scr="verweise.html" name="2">

^^^

grü
michael

Chris Beall

"S. Schnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfbbh3$i4q$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hi, okay, first of all I confess that I am a total newbie, learning

HTML
> with self html.
> The problem, I've got by now, is that I want to create a page with 3
> frames, like self-html shows this here:
> http://selfhtml.teamone.de/html/frames/frameset4.gif
>
> So here is what I wrote:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
> <head>
> <title>Text des universellen Titels</title>
> </head>
> <frameset cols="30%,70%">
> <frame src="verweise2.html" name="Navigation">
> <frameset rows="20%,80%">
> <frame src="startseite.html" name="Daten">
> <frame scr="verweise.html" name="2">
> <noframes>
> nischt
> </noframes>
> </frameset>
> <noframes>
> Ihr Browser kann diese Seite leider nicht anzeigen!
> </noframes>
>
> </frameset>
>
> (german, as you realize ^^)
> okay, all three pages (startseite, verweise, verweise2) are existing,

but I
> won't see the content of one frame, including the content of

verweise.html
> I don't see the problem, could somebody please help me?
> thanks,
> Susan

Susan,

Your problem is that on the frame with name="2" you have specified scr=
instead of src=.

BUT, if you want to really learn, you should understand that what is
POSSIBLE with HTML is different from what is WISE. 'Frames are evil'
may be an oversimplification, but you should follow the advice of
Richard ('rf) and read up a bit on why frames are discouraged by most
web designers for most applications. It is tempting to think "I'll
learn the techniques later", but once you have developed a bad habit it
is hard to get rid of it. An any habit that you develop without
understanding its consequences is Bad.

Regards,
Chris Beall

Richard

<!-- Generated by AceHTML Freeware http://freeware.acehtml.com -->
<!-- Creation date: 7/20/2003 -->
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<frameset cols="17%,*" framespacing="2" border="8" frameborder="yes"
bordercolor="#ffffff">
<frame name="test1html" src="test1.html">
<frameset rows="29%,*" framespacing="2" border="8" frameborder="yes"
bordercolor="#ffffff">
<frame name="test2html" src="test2.html">
<frame name="test3html" src="test3.html">
</frameset>
<noframes>

</noframes>
</frameset>

test1.html>>>>left frame or menu frame.
test2.html>>>>banner frame.
test3.html>>>>body frame.

do yourself a favor and visit the website for the free editor.
has a ton of goodies that wil help a newbee understand the coding.

notice in this version that the "name" comes before the "src" attribute?
could be the reason.

MP Multimedia

Hi Susan, I am working with a 4 frames page and cannot see 3 of the frames
(the words "src" are well spelled in my case). If you learn anything about
those "evil" frames, would you tell me please?

Thanks a lot.

Marie-Perle
www.mpmultimedia.ca

news:bfbds6$fre$04$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...

having a problem with scrolling frames as if no frames surfunbear@yahoo.com HTML 0 03-08-2006 09:54 PM
Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments