Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > htaccess & M$

Reply
Thread Tools

htaccess & M$

 
 
Wipkip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2003
Will this:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^microsoft.url [OR]

in my .htaccess block
Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862


--
Duende
-----
What is the difference between genius and stupidity?
Genius has limits. - Albert Einstein.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
brucie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2003
In post <ZL1Sa.122$(E-Mail Removed) >
Wipkip said...

> Will this:
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^microsoft.url [OR]
> in my .htaccess block
> Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862


if you use [NC,OR]


--
brucie a. blackford. 19/July/2003 12:19:42 pm kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wipkip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2003
brucie wrote:
> In post <ZL1Sa.122$(E-Mail Removed) >
> Wipkip said...
>
>> Will this:
>> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^microsoft.url [OR]
>> in my .htaccess block
>> Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862

>
> if you use [NC,OR]


Thank you

--
Duende


 
Reply With Quote
 
Wipkip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2003
Nico Schuyt wrote:
> Wipkip wrote:
>> Will this:
>> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^microsoft.url [OR]
>>
>> in my .htaccess block
>> Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862

>
> Ehhh, what is "Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862"???


Evil bot.

--
Duende
-----
What is the difference between genius and stupidity?
Genius has limits. - Albert Einstein.


 
Reply With Quote
 
lostinspace
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Wipkip <>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 10:10 PM
Subject: htaccess & M$


> Will this:
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^microsoft.url [OR]
>
> in my .htaccess block
> Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862
>
>
> --
> Duende
> -----




The following will deny all UA's which begin with Microsoft and do NOT come
from 131.107.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Microsoft
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^131\.107\.
RewriteRule .* - [F]


btw, thanks to Jim.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Wipkip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2003
lostinspace wrote:
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Wipkip <>
> Newsgroups: alt.html
> Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 10:10 PM
> Subject: htaccess & M$
>
>
>> Will this:
>> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^microsoft.url [OR]
>>
>> in my .htaccess block
>> Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862
>>
>>

> The following will deny all UA's which begin with Microsoft and do
> NOT come from 131.107.
>
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Microsoft
> RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^131\.107\.
> RewriteRule .* - [F]
>
>
> btw, thanks to Jim.


Thanks.
From what I can find Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862 doesn't come from M$

--
Duende
-----
What is the difference between genius and stupidity?
Genius has limits. - Albert Einstein.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas Mlynarczyk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2003
Also sprach Wipkip:

>> Ehhh, what is "Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862"???

>
> Evil bot.



How evil (Apart from being M$)?
"URL Control" sounds like censorship to me...
Do I need to be afraid?

Worried,
Thomas



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jacqui or (maybe) Pete
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2003
In article <bfc2p6$m57$03$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, blue_elephant55
@hotmail.com says...
> Also sprach Wipkip:
>
> >> Ehhh, what is "Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862"???

> >
> > Evil bot.

>
>
> How evil (Apart from being M$)?
> "URL Control" sounds like censorship to me...
> Do I need to be afraid?
>

I'm told that it searches for insecure forms. No doubt it will appear
with different UA strings sometime soon.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Wipkip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2003
Thomas Mlynarczyk wrote:
> Also sprach Wipkip:
>
>>> Ehhh, what is "Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862"???

>>
>> Evil bot.

>
>
> How evil (Apart from being M$)?
> "URL Control" sounds like censorship to me...
> Do I need to be afraid?
>

Ask Google about:
Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862

--
Duende
-----
What is the difference between genius and stupidity?
Genius has limits. - Albert Einstein.


 
Reply With Quote
 
lostinspace
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-19-2003
----- Original Message -----
From: Wipkip <>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: htaccess & M$


> lostinspace wrote:
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: Wipkip <>
> > Newsgroups: alt.html
> > Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 10:10 PM
> > Subject: htaccess & M$
> >
> >
> >> Will this:
> >> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^microsoft.url [OR]
> >>
> >> in my .htaccess block
> >> Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862
> >>
> >>

> > The following will deny all UA's which begin with Microsoft and do
> > NOT come from 131.107.
> >
> > RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Microsoft
> > RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^131\.107\.
> > RewriteRule .* - [F]
> >
> >
> > btw, thanks to Jim.

>
> Thanks.
> From what I can find Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862 doesn't come from

M$
>
> --
> Duende
> -----
>
>


Your actually not keying on who it comes from in the SetEnvIf User-Agent,
rather what the UA begins with.
The 131.107. is a new M$ bot and the only exlusive M$ that I'm aware of.

BTW and alternative for this particular UA is :

SetEnvIf User-Agent 862$ keep_out
order allow,deny
allow from all
deny from env=keep_out



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apache+MySQL+htaccess - nxt steps after authentication 11D.Universe@gmail.com Java 1 05-28-2005 08:36 PM
servlet et .htaccess Steve Java 1 05-06-2004 06:54 PM
.htaccess and perl cgi Stoco Perl 0 01-12-2004 08:13 PM
Re: .htaccess - batch rewrite/ redirect? David Dorward HTML 2 06-29-2003 03:19 PM
Re: .htaccess - batch rewrite/ redirect? John Bokma HTML 0 06-28-2003 03:14 PM



Advertisments