Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: putting a form in a html email

Re: putting a form in a html email

Sid Ismail

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:59:02 +1000, "dj" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

: Does anyone know any tricks re putting a form in an html email?
: i have a very basic questionnaire that we are sending out, and it submits to
: aspmail running on our webserver.

Give them a url in your email - put the form up on the www - that's the best
way.

Sid

rf

"dj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f17dfc5$0$26535$(E-Mail Removed) u...

> "Sid Ismail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:59:02 +1000, "dj" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> > : Does anyone know any tricks re putting a form in an html email?
> > : i have a very basic questionnaire that we are sending out, and it

> submits to
> > : aspmail running on our webserver.
> >

> > Give them a url in your email - put the form up on the www - that's the

> best
> > way.
> >
> > Sid
> >

> i think you people are all crazy! just because the stuff doesn't work for
> everyone, doesn't mean that it can't be used.

So your pretty new email form works for just some people. Nice. The fact
that it does not work for a large percentage of your recipients does not
bother you?

> and because someone posts a question to a group doesnt mean that they dont
> understand the user implications implicit in what they are doing
> or that they are a newbie.

Hmmm. Oxymoron here.

> my question was not whether you all think it is a good idea, but whether
> anyone knew any reasonably reliable kludges.

There are no kludges. The email client either supports the form (OE and
Outlook) or it does not (all the others).

> if you don't know. SHUT UP!

This is not your personal 24/7 help desk. If you do not like the answers
then you can ignore them.

Shouting at us to shut up has just dropped your creditibility to zero.

Cheers
Richard.

Brian

dj wrote:

>> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:59:02 +1000, "dj"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know any tricks re putting a form in an html email?
>> i have a very basic questionnaire that we are sending out, and
>> it submits to aspmail running on our webserver.

> i think you people are all crazy! just because the stuff doesn't
> work for everyone, doesn't mean that it can't be used.
> and because someone posts a question to a group doesnt mean that
> they dont understand the user implications implicit in what they
> are doing or that they are a newbie.
>
> my question was not whether you all think it is a good idea, but
> whether anyone knew any reasonably reliable kludges.
>
> if you don't know. SHUT UP!

I want to be able to stick a butter knife in an outlet to charge my
flashlight battery. Just because it doesn't work doesn't mean that it
can't be used. My question is not whether you all think this is a
good idea, but whether anyone knew any reasonable kludges to connect
the outlet to the battery with my knife.

If you don't know. SHUT UP!

--
Brian
follow the directions in my address to email me

Sid Ismail

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:53:54 +1000, "dj" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

: i think you people are all crazy! just because the stuff doesn't work for
: everyone, doesn't mean that it can't be used.

You don't think that's a good enough reason? You came here and asked about
opinions, and now you brand us as crazy? LOL

Sid

Hywel Jenkins

In article <3f17dfc5$0$26535$(E-Mail Removed)> ,

> "Sid Ismail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:59:02 +1000, "dj" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> > : Does anyone know any tricks re putting a form in an html email?
> > : i have a very basic questionnaire that we are sending out, and it

> submits to
> > : aspmail running on our webserver.
> >

> > Give them a url in your email - put the form up on the www - that's the

> best
> > way.
> >
> > Sid
> >

> i think you people are all crazy! just because the stuff doesn't work for
> everyone, doesn't mean that it can't be used.

I always thought that including "features" that can only be used by a
small minority of people was a great idea, too. I mean, what's the
point have having stuff that 100% of your customers can use?

--
Hywel I do not each quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/