Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > hide address ???

hide address ???

sinclar sodersas

hi all is few weeks that i got a new site but i don't know how to hide
the folder and files on the fist page.........
domain\blabla\blabla\bla.html
well how can hide all this blablinig on the first page )

brucie

In post <(E-Mail Removed)>
sinclar sodersas said...

> hi all is few weeks that i got a new site but i don't know how to hide
> the folder and files on the fist page.........
> domain\blabla\blabla\bla.html
> well how can hide all this blablinig on the first page )

you cant hide your address. the browser needs to know the address to
display the page. no address --> no page.

--
brucie a. blackford. 18/July/2003 09:16:20 am kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/

Fletch

"brucie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In post <(E-Mail Removed)>
> sinclar sodersas said...
>
> > hi all is few weeks that i got a new site but i don't know how to hide
> > the folder and files on the fist page.........
> > domain\blabla\blabla\bla.html
> > well how can hide all this blablinig on the first page )

> you cant hide your address. the browser needs to know the address to
> display the page. no address --> no page.

If I understand the question, what you can do is create a page
domain\index.html and using it to set up frames, display the page you want,
without displaying the full address in the address bar.

<frame name="main" src="domain\blabla\blabla\bla.html" target="bottom"
scrolling="auto">

> --
> brucie a. blackford. 18/July/2003 09:16:20 am kilo.
> http://loser.brucies.com/

brucie

In post <3f173024$0$1212$(E-Mail Removed)>
Fletch said...

>> you cant hide your address. the browser needs to know the address to
>> display the page. no address --> no page.

> If I understand the question, what you can do is create a page
> domain\index.html and using it to set up frames, display the page you want,
> without displaying the full address in the address bar.

that does not hide the address but it certainly annoys the visitor.
<h1>**** off</h1> works just as well.

--
brucie a. blackford. 18/July/2003 09:37:16 am kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/

Fletch

"sinclar sodersas"
> thank you for the input , but why be havy in wordz

Inferiority complex and unresolved oedipal issues - but I'm just guessing.

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:40:07 +1000, brucie <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >In post <3f173024$0$1212$(E-Mail Removed)>
> >Fletch said...

> >> If I understand the question, what you can do is create a page
> >> domain\index.html and using it to set up frames, display the page you

want,
> >> without displaying the full address in the address bar.

> >that does not hide the address but it certainly annoys the visitor.
> ><h1>**** off</h1> works just as well.

Jacqui or (maybe) Pete

says...
> hi all is few weeks that i got a new site but i don't know how to hide
> the folder and files on the fist page.........
> domain\blabla\blabla\bla.html
> well how can hide all this blablinig on the first page )

URL? The answer depends on your setup.

mtgcs2000 mtgcs2000 is offline
Junior Member

You can also use Cloak N Rotate (just google it), you just upload it, then create a link to your site and it auto cloaks the address all the time

It's a cool little piece of software I use on all my sites.

Cheers, mtgcs2000