Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > can't match colors: background

can't match colors: background

james

Hi. I'm having trouble on http://www.huffordenterprises.com/index.htm with
colors. When I save graphics, like the curved corner or HE graphic with a
blue background, then copy that background color into a 2x2 pixel graphic,
then set that 2x2 graphic as the background color of a cell with the same
graphic, the two blues are slightly off. Does anyone know why? Thanks in
advance.

James

Toby A Inkster

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:50:40 +0000, james wrote:

> http://www.huffordenterprises.com/index.htm
> the two blues are slightly off. Does anyone know why?

What colour depth is your screen set to?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS | (E-Mail Removed) | pgp:0x6A2A7D39
aim:inka80 | icq:6622880 | yahoo:tobyink | jabber:(E-Mail Removed)

Pete

Try using absolute colour - the HTML code, such as #0000FF.
If you make ...bgcolor="#0000FF", and then use the same in your program (May
I suggest Jasc Paintshop Pro?), the colours should turn out the same.

(BTW, #0000FF is just an example)

"james" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi. I'm having trouble on http://www.huffordenterprises.com/index.htm

with
> colors. When I save graphics, like the curved corner or HE graphic with a
> blue background, then copy that background color into a 2x2 pixel graphic,
> then set that 2x2 graphic as the background color of a cell with the same
> graphic, the two blues are slightly off. Does anyone know why? Thanks in
> advance.
>
> James

Nico Schuyt

james wrote:
> Hi. I'm having trouble on
> http://www.huffordenterprises.com/index.htm with colors. When I save
> graphics, like the curved corner or HE graphic with a blue
> background, then copy that background color into a 2x2 pixel graphic,
> then set that 2x2 graphic as the background color of a cell with the
> same graphic, the two blues are slightly off. Does anyone know why?

I sometimes have the same problem. A solution is to use transparent GIF's.
(In your site however I see no difference in color)
Nico