Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > use of colgroup

use of colgroup

Daniel Doman

I am printout two large tables that should line up. I mark each td
statement with the appropriate width so things look pretty and I use a
cols= statement in my table declaration to help out the browser. I'd live
to get rid of the width statements in all of the td statements, but its not
clear to me if this is well supported by all but most recent browsers.

If I use Colgroup and specify the column widths for all my fields, I will
send a bunch less data down and simplify things, but I just want to make
sure that this is a well supported feature.

Also, the docs that I read show a colgroup statement followed by on or more
COL statements. There doesn't appear to be any /Colgroup statement
required. Is this because the colgroup is supposed to appear before any TR
statements and that closure is implicit?

dan

colgroup and css Frank HTML 5 06-29-2011 03:14 AM
<asp:table> and <colgroup> ? Rob Meade ASP .Net 1 04-19-2005 10:16 AM
Re: Colgroup Bug? mszanto@hotmail.com ASP .Net 0 02-04-2005 06:10 PM
ColGroup in Mozilla? Martin HTML 4 08-26-2004 04:06 PM
use of colgroup Daniel Doman HTML 4 07-11-2003 04:18 AM

Advertisments