Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: New Site

Re: New Site

Leif K-Brooks

Blindsya wrote:
> Hey all, I'm currently working on a site that acts as a directory of loads
> of html tutorials amoungst other things. So far I have included directories
> on tutorials of HTML, CSS, Java, PHP and valditor sites. Do you think it
> would be worth while putting perl in there? Any other ideas?

I'd put Perl. JavaScript, too.

Toby A Inkster

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:06:13 -0400, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

> Blindsya wrote:
>> Hey all, I'm currently working on a site that acts as a directory of loads
>> of html tutorials amoungst other things. So far I have included directories
>> on tutorials of HTML, CSS, Java, PHP and valditor sites. Do you think it
>> would be worth while putting perl in there? Any other ideas?

> I'd put Perl. JavaScript, too.

Other suggestions:

SQL, CGI, RSS, XML

PS: plug for my HTML tutorial:
http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?id=150

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS | (E-Mail Removed) | pgp:0x6A2A7D39
aim:inka80 | icq:6622880 | yahoo:tobyink | jabber:(E-Mail Removed)

Leif K-Brooks

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Other suggestions:
>
> CGI

What is there to learn about CGI? Unless you're writing a web server or
scripting language, I don't see why you'd really care about it. Just
have a Perl tutorial explaining how to use the CGI module, and
equivalent for other languages...

Toby A Inkster

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:58:44 -0400, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

> Toby A Inkster wrote:
>> Other suggestions:
>>
>> CGI

> What is there to learn about CGI? Unless you're writing a web server or
> scripting language, I don't see why you'd really care about it. Just
> have a Perl tutorial explaining how to use the CGI module, and
> equivalent for other languages...

A Perl turorial explaining how to use the CGI module won't help people
wanting to write CGI programs in say Python, bash, tcsh or C++.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS | (E-Mail Removed) | pgp:0x6A2A7D39
aim:inka80 | icq:6622880 | yahoo:tobyink | jabber:(E-Mail Removed)
playing://(nothing)

Blindsya

Toby A Inkster wrote:
Other suggestions:
CGI

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
What is there to learn about CGI? Unless you're writing a web server or
scripting language, I don't see why you'd really care about it. Just have
a Perl tutorial explaining how to use the CGI module, and equivalent for
other languages...
A Perl turorial explaining how to use the CGI module won't help people
wanting to write CGI programs in say Python, bash, tcsh or C++.

Hey, guys. Remember, I'm not writing any tutorials here - I'm simple
grouping them together in one place.