Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Tables with solid black borders?

Tables with solid black borders?

Michael Wilcox

If I do <table border=1> I get the standard outset border frames. How do I
turn these into a solid, 1 pixel border (probably with css)? "border: 1px
solid black" doesn't seem to do it right, so how do I do it?
--
Michael Wilcox
mjwilco at yahoo dot com

Lauri Raittila

In article <oC2Oa.85111$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net>,
Michael Wilcox wrote:
> If I do <table border=1> I get the standard outset border frames. How do I
> turn these into a solid, 1 pixel border (probably with css)? "border: 1px
> solid black" doesn't seem to do it right, so how do I do it?

URL?

table {border: 1px solid black}

/* or depending on what you are after */

table, td {border: 1px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;}

Mostš browsers have bug that makes it look odd when border=1 is set in
HTML.

That is unfortunate, as it will degrade badly. If so happens, you can use
HTML to set that, I don't remember how and it is deprecated and don't
have full support either.

[1] when I last checked, can't remember when.

Saapi lähettää meiliä, jos aihe ei liity ryhmään, tai on yksityinen
tjsp., mutta älä lähetä samaa viestiä meilitse ja ryhmään.

Sid Ismail

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:51:48 GMT, "Michael Wilcox"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: If I do <table border=1> I get the standard outset border frames. How do I
: turn these into a solid, 1 pixel border (probably with css)? "border: 1px
: solid black" doesn't seem to do it right, so how do I do it?

why not?

url? Wanna see if TDs require it.

Sid

Michael Wilcox

Lauri Raittila <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <oC2Oa.85111$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net>,
> Michael Wilcox wrote:
>> If I do <table border=1> I get the standard outset border frames.
>> How do I turn these into a solid, 1 pixel border (probably with
>> css)? "border: 1px solid black" doesn't seem to do it right, so how
>> do I do it?

> URL?
>
> table {border: 1px solid black}
>
> /* or depending on what you are after */
>
> table, td {border: 1px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;}

Beautiful, thank you. I guess the collapse thing was exactly what I needed.
--
Michael Wilcox
mjwilco at yahoo dot com