Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > center - where's that blasted link

center - where's that blasted link

William Tasso

Hello one and all.

One of the regulars here has a splendid page containing details of centering
techniques - I've lost the link.

/ trying to get ie6 to play nicely - {margin: auto;}

thanks

--
William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com

Dylan Parry

William Tasso wrote:

> One of the regulars here has a splendid page containing details of centering
> techniques - I've lost the link.
>
> / trying to get ie6 to play nicely - {margin: auto;}

Try the Blue Robot site.

--
Dylan Parry - http://www.DylanParry.com

Not playing any music, but savouring the silence.

William Tasso

Isofarro wrote:
> William Tasso wrote:
>
>> One of the regulars here has a splendid page containing details of
>> centering techniques - I've lost the link.

> http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/www/centre/#ie
>
> Any of these?

huh - as usual, I was looking for the wrong thing in the wrong place, but
thanks for the link - it pointed me in the right direction: <
http://gutfeldt.ch/matthias/articles/doctypeswitch.html > and triggered a
dim memory.

The "anything before the DOCTYPE declaration" ie6 bug was the culprit - I
had a previous doctype commented out - Fixed now.

Thanks

--
William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com

Isofarro

William Tasso wrote:

> One of the regulars here has a splendid page containing details of
> centering techniques - I've lost the link.

http://theodorakis.net/tablecentertest.html

http://users.pandora.be/nenya/test/center1.htm (in-line)
http://users.pandora.be/nenya/test/center2.htm (embedded)
http://users.pandora.be/nenya/test/center3.htm (external)
None of them seem to work with Internet Exploder 6 + SP1.

Web Standards: http://www.webstandards.org/