Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How Do They Get Those Pop-ups to Fit their Windows Exactly?

How Do They Get Those Pop-ups to Fit their Windows Exactly?

vertigo

How to they get those pop-ups to fit exactly their windows?
And how do they hide the URL from which the pop-up
banners are coming from?
I would appreciate a simple example!

Thanks!

Maria

rf

"vertigo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How to they get those pop-ups to fit exactly their windows?

Which popups?

> And how do they hide the URL from which the pop-up
> banners are coming from?

No idea.

> I would appreciate a simple example!

So would I.

Cheers
Richard.

Mike

get yourself a copy of "popup-killer"

-Mike

"vertigo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How to they get those pop-ups to fit exactly their windows?
> And how do they hide the URL from which the pop-up
> banners are coming from?
> I would appreciate a simple example!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Maria

vertigo

Come on, Richard. Just a pop-up window with a banner in it
that fits the window exactly. No spaces between the banner
and the window border. Also, the windows do not carry in their title
the URL of their origin. They carry a name instead. How do they do it?

Thanks!

Maria

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:35:01 GMT, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"vertigo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> How to they get those pop-ups to fit exactly their windows?

>Which popups?
>
>> And how do they hide the URL from which the pop-up
>> banners are coming from?

>No idea.
>
>> I would appreciate a simple example!

>So would I.
>
>Cheers
>Richard.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, vertigo <(E-Mail Removed)> feverishly typed:

> How to they get those pop-ups to fit exactly their windows?

They're in league with the devil...

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). Take the dog out!
"They got the mustard out!"

P@tty Ayers

> How to they get those pop-ups to fit exactly their windows?
> And how do they hide the URL from which the pop-up
> banners are coming from?
> I would appreciate a simple example!

Maria, definitely using JavaScript. If you happen to be using Dreamweaver, it will write the code for you (the 'Open Browser Window' Behavior'). If not, you'll have to dig up the JavaScript somewhere else, but some research on the web should do it, or looking at source code, as others have suggested.

Hope that helps.

--
P@tty Ayers
http://www.WebDevBiz.com

$uRoot

vertigo wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Did I ask you how to kill pop-ups?
> You are imagining thinks, right?
>
> Maria

Some pop-up killers will give you information about the pop-up that it
blocked (eg., the URL). Obviously, that could be pretty useful info to
have if you're trying to figure out how they're building the pop-up
window. Perhaps that's what the other person meant?

Alan D-W

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> get yourself a copy of "popup-killer"
>
> -Mike

Oh right, so that will explain to her how it's done will it?

Not in my trousers

"Alan D-W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f083e51$0$11376$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > get yourself a copy of "popup-killer"
> >
> > -Mike
> >

> Oh right, so that will explain to her how it's done will it?

I think what you are looking for is frameless / borderless pop-ups ?

I don't know wether you know this or not .. I assume not.. But there is a
very well kept secret url for finding the answers to most things.. I
shouldn't really post the URL here for such a secret but please please dont
tell anyone or this usenet group and others like it will die from lack of
posts..

The URL is http://www.google.com

Its quite easy to use, you just type your query in the box provided (for
example 'pop-ups' ) and hit the 'search' button and it will list sites with
information about this..

If you struggle with typing in the little box then please feel free to post
your problem on here and I am sure that someone will do all the hard work
for you

vertigo

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 18:26:13 +0100, "Not in my trousers"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Alan D-W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:3f083e51$0$11376$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>
>> "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > get yourself a copy of "popup-killer"
>> >
>> > -Mike
>> >

>> Oh right, so that will explain to her how it's done will it?
>>

>I think what you are looking for is frameless / borderless pop-ups ?
>
>I don't know wether you know this or not .. I assume not.. But there is a
>very well kept secret url for finding the answers to most things.. I
>shouldn't really post the URL here for such a secret but please please dont
>tell anyone or this usenet group and others like it will die from lack of
>posts..
>
>The URL is http://www.google.com
>
>Its quite easy to use, you just type your query in the box provided (for
>example 'pop-ups' ) and hit the 'search' button and it will list sites with
>information about this..
>
>If you struggle with typing in the little box then please feel free to post
>your problem on here and I am sure that someone will do all the hard work
>for you

Thank you, GRAND ASSHOLE.

Maria