Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > question on FTP'ing to secure sites (HTTPS) ...

question on FTP'ing to secure sites (HTTPS) ...

Bailee

Hi ...

I have been given a small web-design job that requires making some changes
on a 'shopping cart' page and a home page. I uploaded both changes to the
site, but the 'shopping' page was not updated. I noticed that in my browser
window, the shopping cart page was re-directed toward a secure site
(https://www.website-secure.net/%7Com.../shopping.htm).

I actually tried setting up an FTP acc't with Cute FTP to this same secure
site and logged in successfully... (oddly enough the 'shopping' file seems
to be named "/~CompanyName/shopping.htm" - ie, strange convention, because
forward slashes and tildes (~) are not usually allowed as characters in
filenames)...

Anyway, I can download from this secure site, but I cannot upload. (error
message pasted below).

Can anyone give me some pointers on what I might be missing to upload this
file? I am currently trying to get ahold of their previous web-designer but
it may take a while.

thanks for any pointers...

Bailee

spaghetti

"Bailee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KTwNa.56044$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Anyway, I can download from this secure site, but I cannot upload. (error
> message pasted below).

What error?

> Can anyone give me some pointers on what I might be missing to upload this
> file? I am currently trying to get ahold of their previous web-designer

but
> it may take a while.

Who is your web hosting provider? You should contact them if you are having
troubles uploading. You also might not have the appropriate security
permissions.

Bailee

solved the problem .... it was just the syntax of the ftp name; had to use
an "escape" character instead of a tilde ( ~ ) ...

thanks!!