Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: link for download

Re: link for download

brucie

In post <be39ef$5obv$(E-Mail Removed)>
mali djuro said...

> i have test.xml file on server, and i want to make link for download it but
> i don't know how. i tried with standard definition of link

thats it.

> but it works only on right click on mouse and save target as
> but on left mouse click browser opens file.

thats what happens with your setup, not everyones. the visitors
setting determine what happens to a file when a link is clicked on.

--
brucie a. blackford. 04/July/2003 06:35:34 pm kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/

mali djuro

"brucie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:be3eel$q744$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In post <be39ef$5obv$(E-Mail Removed)>
> mali djuro said...
>
> > i have test.xml file on server, and i want to make link for download it

but
> > i don't know how. i tried with standard definition of link

> thats it.

i know that

> > but it works only on right click on mouse and save target as
> > but on left mouse click browser opens file.

> thats what happens with your setup, not everyones. the visitors
> setting determine what happens to a file when a link is clicked on.

i want the following situation:

on left mouse click -> open dialog box for downloading
on right mouse click -> save target as

now is:

on left mouse click -> open file in browser
on right mouse click -> save target as

i know that if exstension of file is zip it will open dialog box and it will
work ok, but i want download test.xml file

thanks
> --
> brucie a. blackford. 04/July/2003 06:35:34 pm kilo.
> http://loser.brucies.com/

brucie

In post <be3fr9$5sk9$(E-Mail Removed)>
mali djuro said...

> i know that if exstension of file is zip it will open dialog box and it will
> work ok,

that will happen with your settings, not everyones

> but i want download test.xml file

right click on it if that is how your browser downloads a file or
change your settings so you get the dialogue box to download it when
you left click.

--
brucie a. blackford. 04/July/2003 07:07:34 pm kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/

mali djuro

"brucie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:be3g61$pa5r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In post <be3fr9$5sk9$(E-Mail Removed)>
> mali djuro said...
>
> > i know that if exstension of file is zip it will open dialog box and it

will
> > work ok,

> that will happen with your settings, not everyones
>
> > but i want download test.xml file

> right click on it if that is how your browser downloads a file or
> change your settings so you get the dialogue box to download it when
> you left click.

Does it means that there is no way to make it with few lines of code?

> --
> brucie a. blackford. 04/July/2003 07:07:34 pm kilo.
> http://loser.brucies.com/

brucie

In post <be3gr7$6cse$(E-Mail Removed)>
mali djuro said...

>>> but i want download test.xml file

>> right click on it if that is how your browser downloads a file or
>> change your settings so you get the dialogue box to download it when
>> you left click.

> Does it means that there is no way to make it with few lines of code?

as i said in my first post. what happens when a link to a file is
clicked depends on the visitors settings. you cant force a download
dialogue to appear and if you try you risk screwing it up.

--
brucie a. blackford. 04/July/2003 07:27:39 pm kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/