Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > new to CSS...a few questions

new to CSS...a few questions

greg@gofothdesigns.com

Ok, so i've been brushing up on CSS at w3schools.com, and have learned alot
about CSS positioning and so forth. So I went into Dreamweaver and started
doing some of the sameple codes that w3schools had to offer and I script it
all out in the code side of dreamweaver. Then when I click into WYSIWYG
side of things, it looks like it's all just laid out in layers. Are
dreamweaver layers the same thing as CSS? I know CSS has alot more to it,
but do dreamweaver layers use the same attributes as css positioning?
Thanks for any responses.

Greg G.

greg@gofothdesigns.com

Thanks Karl! Much appreciated.

Greg G.
"EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:be11th$cnb$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:67SMa.2633$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Ok, so i've been brushing up on CSS at w3schools.com, and have learned

> alot
> > about CSS positioning and so forth. So I went into Dreamweaver and

started
> > doing some of the sameple codes that w3schools had to offer and I script

> it
> > all out in the code side of dreamweaver. Then when I click into WYSIWYG
> > side of things, it looks like it's all just laid out in layers. Are
> > dreamweaver layers the same thing as CSS? I know CSS has alot more to

it,
> > but do dreamweaver layers use the same attributes as css positioning?
> > Thanks for any responses.

> Basically, yes.
> Dreamweaver calls CSS positioning "Layers".
>
> Don't use any of DW's "Layers" stuff to do layout, though.
>
> I made the mistake of using DW layers to do CSS positioning and it never
> went right at all. Dreamweaver inserts a lot of bloated code in when

you're