Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Comments

Comments

Blindsya

Is there any way of adding comments to your html code?

chlori

"Blindsya" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:bdukp7$7dl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any way of adding comments to your html code?

<!-- Comment -->

---
chlori

brucie

In post <bdukp7$7dl$(E-Mail Removed)>
Blindsya said...

> Is there any way of adding comments to your html code?

HTML comments have the following syntax:

<!-- this is a comment -->
<!-- and so is this one,
which occupies more than one line -->

White space is not permitted between the markup declaration open
delimiter("<!") and the comment open delimiter ("--"), but is
permitted between the comment close delimiter ("--") and the markup
declaration close delimiter (">"). A common error is to include a
string of hyphens ("---") within a comment. Authors should avoid
putting two or more adjacent hyphens inside comments.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/intro/s....html#idx-HTML

--
brucie a. blackford. 02/July/2003 10:58:53 pm kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/

Blindsya

Thanks Guys

Richard

"Blindsya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bdukp7$7dl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any way of adding comments to your html code?

or try

// this is also a comment

printed to screen

Steve Pugh

"Richard" <anom@anom> wrote:
>"Blindsya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bdukp7$7dl$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there any way of adding comments to your html code?
>>

>or try
>
>// this is also a comment

>printed to screen

Rubbish.
// is a comment in JavaScript, not in HTML.

Steve