Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Help needed

Help needed

Neil

I am using an anchor tag to open another html file, which displays a JPEG
image in a table layout. Can I pass the JPEG image to be displayed with the
anchor tag? Rather than make lots of almost identical html files for each
image.

brucie

In post <3efe3ae5@212.67.96.135>
Neil said...

> I am using an anchor tag to open another html file, which displays a JPEG
> image in a table layout. Can I pass the JPEG image to be displayed with the
> anchor tag? Rather than make lots of almost identical html files for each
> image.

see my reply to "easy problem 4U". modify to suit.

--
brucie a. blackford. 29/June/2003 01:38:35 pm kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/

Neil

"brucie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bdlmvv$u8773$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In post <3efe3ae5@212.67.96.135>
> Neil said...
>
> > I am using an anchor tag to open another html file, which displays a

JPEG
> > image in a table layout. Can I pass the JPEG image to be displayed with

the
> > anchor tag? Rather than make lots of almost identical html files for

each
> > image.

> see my reply to "easy problem 4U". modify to suit.

Hi Brucie,
Many thanks for your help, but have so far been unable to deploy the code to
a new html file (the example in your link displays in the same page, not a
new document) any further advice would be much appreciated.
Neil

Neil

"Neil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:3f022eb0@212.67.96.135...

> "brucie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bdlmvv$u8773$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In post <3efe3ae5@212.67.96.135>
> > Neil said...
> >
> > > I am using an anchor tag to open another html file, which displays a

> JPEG
> > > image in a table layout. Can I pass the JPEG image to be displayed

with
> the
> > > anchor tag? Rather than make lots of almost identical html files for

> each
> > > image.

> > see my reply to "easy problem 4U". modify to suit.
> >

> Hi Brucie,
> Many thanks for your help, but have so far been unable to deploy the code

> a new html file (the example in your link displays in the same page, not a
> new document) any further advice would be much appreciated.
> Neil

PS Like the web page, cut me up real bad.

brucie

In post <3f022eb0@212.67.96.135>
Neil said...

>>> I am using an anchor tag to open another html file, which displays a JPEG
>>> image in a table layout. Can I pass the JPEG image to be displayed with the
>>> anchor tag? Rather than make lots of almost identical html files for each
>>> image.

>> http://usenet.alt-html.org/image-selector-thingy.php
>> source: http://usenet.alt-html.org/image-selector-thingy.phps

> Many thanks for your help, but have so far been unable to deploy the code to
> a new html file (the example in your link displays in the same page, not a
> new document)

its supposed to display the "same file". it saves having multiple
files when the only thing changing is the image. you did say "Rather
than make lots of almost identical html files for each image." if you
need other things to change as well as the image that can be dome as
well. how about a URI to what you're trying to do?

> any further advice would be much appreciated.

heres a more advanced one i did for someone in another thread. its
still only "one file" just the image and the css it uses changes.

http://usenet.alt-html.org/bugs/bugs.php

its much more efficient than having in this case 85 sperate pages to
do the same thing (1 main page for each style (5 pages) and 16 sperate
pages for each image with each style (80 pages)).

--
brucie a. blackford. 02/July/2003 06:13:28 pm kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/

brucie

In post <3f037981@212.67.96.135>
Neil said...

> "Can I pass the JPEG image to be displayed with the anchor tag?"

yes. thats exactly what my examples show except the links are to the
same page rather than a different one and instead of using the image
name i've used numbers because its easier. it doesn't matter if the
link is to the same page or not just as long as the variable you pass
to whatever the page may be has been told what to do with it.

--
brucie a. blackford. 03/July/2003 10:43:11 am kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/