Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > annoying IE problem with dashed CSS borders

annoying IE problem with dashed CSS borders

TheKeith

"kathy painter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bdl552$tiki7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.kworks.us/dottedborderproblem/
> On Saturday June 28, 2003 "TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

white

> My offer of advice is to take brucies advice, recheck your CSS and you

might
> find your answers. Since it appears you are unfamiliar with CSS, visit
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ and paste your URL in the box, check

for
> "report all" vs. "normal" and you will find errors on your page.
>
> In addition, you need correct HTML code. Visit http://validator.w3.org/

and
> paste your URL in to test for correct validation. This page, too, will let
> you know your errors.

thanks I'll fix it--I was just really concerned about this problem in
particular.

> After these are fixed, my guess is your "white dashes" will appear
> correctly.
>
> If this is a help, I'm happy. Something you should always remember to do

is
> to run a site through both valuators (if CSS is used)
>
> Kathy

Sid Ismail

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:11:22 -0400, "TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Sid Ismail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:45:00 -0400, "TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > well what I just noticed is that when I resize the window, those white
> > > things go away. What could it be? Could it just be something with my
> > > computer?

> > Did you use Tippex on your screen?

> ?

That'll explain the white dashes, silly.

Sid

Denise Enck

"Sid Ismail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:11:22 -0400, "TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > "Sid Ismail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

white

> > > Did you use Tippex on your screen?

> > ?

> That'll explain the white dashes, silly.
>
> Sid

I think what he means is what the heck is Tippex?

can you enlighten us?

Sid Ismail

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:48:13 GMT, "Denise Enck"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I think what he means is what the heck is Tippex?
>
> can you enlighten us?

Oh... correction fluid. Thought it was a universal product.

Sid

picayunish

When Chris Beall was making a web page, a appears and wrote:

> To get the dashes you just hold a vibrator to your elbow...

Now I understand that some people say Tipsex instead of Tippex.
--
Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
http://www.semi-conductors.nl/ PHP Redirect to semi-conductor.nl

Denise Enck

"Sid Ismail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:48:13 GMT, "Denise Enck"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I think what he means is what the heck is Tippex?
> >
> > can you enlighten us?

> Oh... correction fluid. Thought it was a universal product.
>
> Sid

aha! thanks for educationg me! around here we usually call it White-Out
(another brand name).

cheers ~
Denise

Jpanel Dashed Border? Barkster Java 16 07-03-2006 06:13 PM
Creating a dashed line John Abbler HTML 18 07-18-2005 02:09 AM
Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc. George HTML 9 10-25-2004 04:25 PM
Help: How can I create a dashed HR Hardeep Rakhra HTML 8 01-22-2004 09:16 AM
how to draw a dashed line between two points Rick Java 3 09-30-2003 07:36 PM

Advertisments