Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: .htaccess - batch rewrite/ redirect?

Re: .htaccess - batch rewrite/ redirect?

David Dorward

EightNineThree wrote:
> I'm really new to manipulating .htaccess files, and I was wondering if
> there's a way to redirect every file from what was a .html file to what
> will become a .php version

The simpliest option would probably be to just configure the server to parse
..html as PHP.

AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml .php3 .php .html

--
David Dorward http://david.us-lot.org/
Redesign in progress: http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/

EightNineThree

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bdk7tq$ole$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> EightNineThree wrote:
> > I'm really new to manipulating .htaccess files, and I was wondering if
> > there's a way to redirect every file from what was a .html file to what
> > will become a .php version

> The simpliest option would probably be to just configure the server to

parse
> .html as PHP.
>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml .php3 .php .html

And then just keep everything as .html?
That's a great idea. The bad thing is, they already started to convert
everything to .php and then stopped when they realized they were getting
scores of 404 errors for people looking for the old files.
So on some scale I'm gonna have to redirect anyway.

--
Karl Core

Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

Art Sackett

EightNineThree <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> That's a great idea. The bad thing is, they already started to convert
> everything to .php and then stopped when they realized they were getting
> scores of 404 errors for people looking for the old files.

Having inherited a half-done job that wasn't going well, you're:

> So on some scale I'm gonna have to redirect anyway.

Unless you have real need for runtime processing, you'll probably be
better off with a preprocessor, and the most versatile, most powerful,
most bestest preprocessor I know is Ralf Engelschall's WML:

http://thewml.org/

I use it, I like it. The learning curve can be steep, but the reward is
well worth it. If you already know make, perl, and m4, then the
learning curve is pretty shallow.

--
Art Sackett,
Patron Saint of Drunken Fornication