Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > META - CSS2 vs. real world

META - CSS2 vs. real world

Jacqui or (maybe) Pete

In article <1CoLa.3760$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> Neo Geshel pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
> >
> > I once came up with some CSS that spontaneously crashed NN4 (all sub-
> > versions) and often took out the entire operating system with it.
> > Windows 95, 98 & Me were particularly susceptible. ...

> Can you explain how CSS could take out an operating system?

You just redefine 'operating system' to include 'windows 95' and find
the css that causes writes to a null pointer in some ancient buggy
browser. Sounds entirely plausible to me.