Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Multiple Use of a Division

Reply
Thread Tools

Multiple Use of a Division

 
 
bole2cant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2003
Is there a way to use a division twice on a page without duplicating its
attributes under a new name in the stylesheet?

I'm converting from table layout to div layout. The div's at the bottom of the
page are exactly the same as the div's at the top of the page--non-div content
in between. Validating gives two errors for each repeated div.
--
-Doug


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
brucie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2003
In post <bdae56$q12$(E-Mail Removed)>
bole2cant said...

> Is there a way to use a division twice on a page without duplicating its
> attributes under a new name in the stylesheet?


give the <div>s the same class if they use the same CSS

> I'm converting from table layout to div layout. The div's at the bottom of the
> page are exactly the same as the div's at the top of the page--non-div content
> in between. Validating gives two errors for each repeated div.


URI?

--
brucie a. blackford. 25/June/2003 07:12:48 am kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jukka K. Korpela
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2003
"bole2cant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Validating gives two errors for each repeated div.


The crystal ball says that you have id attributes in them. By HTML
definition, id attribute values must be unique within a document.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
Pages about Web authoring: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
bole2cant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2003

"Jukka K. Korpela" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93A529B85466jkorpelacstutfi@193.229.0.31.. .
> "bole2cant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Validating gives two errors for each repeated div.

>
> The crystal ball says that you have id attributes in them. By HTML
> definition, id attribute values must be unique within a document.
> --
> Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
> Pages about Web authoring: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www.html
>

==================
At this point I don't know the proper terminology but I think you are telling
me that YES I must repeat the same attributes in the stylesheet as
div#right{...} AND div#rightftr{...} .
i.e.,
div#right{...} cannot be used as
<div id="right"> twice on the same page.

Thanks.
--
Doug



 
Reply With Quote
 
bole2cant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2003
"brucie" wrote:

> change the id (#) to a class (.)
> div.right{...}
> <div class="right">
> you can then use the '.right' class as many times as you like in the
> page.


=====================

That is the information I needed. I changed them and all is well.
(Well, except for the •)

Thanks, Brucie. I appreciate your help.
--
-Doug in Utah
www.xmission.com/~sherwin/



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
division by 7 without using division operator krypto.wizard@gmail.com C Programming 94 02-09-2007 06:57 AM
SRT DIvision, Square root and reciprocal square root alghazo@siu.edu VHDL 0 05-27-2004 06:23 AM
polynomial division remainder Manfred Balik VHDL 5 05-18-2004 02:37 AM
FLOATING POINT DIVISION sunwij VHDL 3 12-29-2003 04:44 AM
will Synposys Design Compiler support division by two's power and integer rounding? walala VHDL 12 09-14-2003 03:49 PM



Advertisments