Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Xah's Edu Corner: Criticism vs Constructive Criticism

Xah's Edu Corner: Criticism vs Constructive Criticism

Greg Menke

Mark Thomas <anon> writes:

> Xah Lee wrote:
> > Dear John Bokma,
> > This is a public notice that what you are trying to do is getting close
> > to harrassment from the law's perspective.
> > Thanks.
> > Xah
> > http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> > ∑ http://xahlee.org/
> > John Bokma wrote:

> >> Instead of cross posting more garbage, do as follows:
> >>
> >> Email a complaint to the email addresses you can look up yourself and
> >> include the entire message of Xah:
> >>
> >> http://www.spamcop.net/sc?track=72.231.179.135 posting host
> >> http://www.spamcop.net/sc?track=xahlee.org spamvertized site
> >>

> >> If enough people complain with both, it might stop one day.

> Ooooh! (Waggles fingers beneath chin)
>
> Mark

So now Xah is an expert on law in addition to emacs. What a guy.

Gregm

Roedy Green

On 26 Apr 2006 12:29:33 -0700, "Xah Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,

>This is a public notice that what you are trying to do is getting close
>to harrassment from the law's perspective.

and what you do Xah, is very close to spam, another form of
harassment.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

John Bokma

Ken Tilton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[ reported ]
> What might stop?

The excessive cross posting.

> I see one technical post every one or few weeks from
> Xah, followed by a dozen posts from self-appointed library-sushers
> such as Eli and library-shusher-shushers such as you and me, none of
> which are technical.
>
> The one technical post, whatever one thinks of it, creates no problem;

It does, it's cross posted in too many groups that have no direct relation
with each other, other then they are programming languages. Xah is
trolling, you know it, I know it.

> what part of "if you find the content worthless, just ignore it" is
> not understood? Nothing, actually.

If I see someone throwing garbage on the street, should I ignore it? It
will blow away, or the street cleaners will pick it up.

I do not ignore it.

> ...reporting Xah to spamcop would be an abuse of spamcop.

You're mistaken. I don't report Xah to spamcop. Spamcop has nothing to do
with Xah. I *do* report Xah to his ISP / USP and hosting provider though.

--
John Bokma Freelance software developer
&

John Bokma

"Xah Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Dear John Bokma,
>
> This is a public notice that what you are trying to do is getting
> close to harrassment from the law's perspective.

Which law?

You have been harrassing severl groups for too long with your drivel and
extremely badly written rants. I guess what you do comes way closer to
harrassment then me trying to kick your ass.

Lets hope some others join in and see who is going to win. Most trolls
give up after they lose a handful of accounts, since it gets more and more
expensive.

Find a new hobby if CS is too hard.

--

Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:

> On 26 Apr 2006 12:29:33 -0700, "Xah Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
>
>>This is a public notice that what you are trying to do is getting close
>>to harrassment from the law's perspective.

> and what you do Xah, is very close to spam, another form of
> harassment.

I leave that up to Xah's ISP/USP and hosting provider to decide

But I am sure that if a few people email, that Xah's harassment is going
to stop soon.

Unless he wants to burn some cash.

--
John Bokma Freelance software developer
&

Alex Buell

On 25 Apr 2006 12:21:43 -0700 "Xah Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> waved a wand
and this message magically appeared:

> Criticism versus Constructive Criticism

GO AWAY.

Noone wants to see this drivel. Put it on a website if you must.
Otherwise shut the **** up and leave us alone!

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Take a nap, it saves lives.

James Stroud

Ken Tilton wrote:
> What might stop?

Nauseating misuse of English. Annoying cross-posts. Newsgroup clutter.
Shusher-Shusher-Shushers like me.

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com/

Ken Tilton

John Bokma wrote:
> Ken Tilton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> [ reported ]
>
>>What might stop?

> The excessive cross posting.
>

>>I see one technical post every one or few weeks from
>>Xah, followed by a dozen posts from self-appointed library-sushers
>>such as Eli and library-shusher-shushers such as you and me, none of
>>which are technical.
>>
>>The one technical post, whatever one thinks of it, creates no problem;

> It does, it's cross posted in too many groups that have no direct relation
> with each other, other then they are programming languages. Xah is
> trolling, you know it, I know it.

No, I do not know it. I have checked out his web site, and have been
involved in threads with him on comp.lang.lisp. He takes seriously what
he writes. whatever you think of it.

and if he were a troll, he would respond to each and every shusher to
increase the flames. in this case he just responded to someone who
threatened him.

meanwhile, some other genius has just shushed him. I think we are all
aprt of an experiemnt in Usenet addiction.

peace and quiet,

ken

John Bokma

Alex Buell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> GO AWAY.

Instead of cross posting more garbage, do as follows:

Email a complaint to the email addresses you can look up yourself and
include the entire message of Xah:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?track=72.231.179.135 posting host
http://www.spamcop.net/sc?track=xahlee.org spamvertized site

If enough people complain with both, it might stop one day, maybe very
very soon.

FYI: dreamhost (hosts xahlee.org) takes complaints very seriously, and has
warned Xah Lee already

So please stop replying to his drivel, just complain. It will stop.

> Put it on a website if you must.

Good point, I am sure Xah Lee is able to set up some blogging software. If
he does it smart enough he might even attract more readers compared to
harassing Usenet. (Did I just wrote smart?!)

--
John Bokma Freelance software developer
&

John Bokma

Ken Tilton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> and if he were a troll, he would respond to each and every shusher to
> increase the flames.

There are several ways to troll. He writes up a rant, and let others do
the flaming. He probably saves up his energy for the next rant.

Like someone else wrote: put it on a website (he already does). Turn it
into a blog, make people comment. But stop cross posting rants.

> in this case he just responded to someone who
> threatened him.

Maybe because he got a not so nice email from his hosting provider

--
John MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
personal page: http://johnbokma.com/