Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Windows XP Home [Running ASP.NET Page]

Windows XP Home [Running ASP.NET Page]

Arsalan

I'm using Visual Studio 2003, how do I run ASP.NET Page. XP Home edition
doesn't have IIS server, so how am I going to run them ?

It seems that VS 2005 have built in ASP Server, to parse the ASP.NET page,
but this feature is not available in VS 2003.

So how do I display ASP.NET (.aspx) pages ??

Swanand Mokashi

For 2003, you will need IIS. IIS is no longer available for download as it
is part of the OS.

IIS 4 was the last version of IIS that was available for download. Since the
advent of Windows 2000, IIS has been part of the OS & is NOT available for
download.

"Arsalan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using Visual Studio 2003, how do I run ASP.NET Page. XP Home edition
> doesn't have IIS server, so how am I going to run them ?
>
> It seems that VS 2005 have built in ASP Server, to parse the ASP.NET page,
> but this feature is not available in VS 2003.
>

> So how do I display ASP.NET (.aspx) pages ??

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Well, if you don't want to move to 2005 (with the free Visual Web Developer
Express that does have built-in web server, try downloading the Cassini Web
Server:

http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/...ndex=0&tabid=1

it can run ASP.NET and works off of XP Home I think.

Karl

P.S. - I'd encourage you to move to 2005 though

--
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://www.fuelindustries.com/

"Arsalan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using Visual Studio 2003, how do I run ASP.NET Page. XP Home edition
> doesn't have IIS server, so how am I going to run them ?
>
> It seems that VS 2005 have built in ASP Server, to parse the ASP.NET page,
> but this feature is not available in VS 2003.
>

> So how do I display ASP.NET (.aspx) pages ??

John Timney \( MVP \)

install cassini from www.asp.net, or mono

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

"Arsalan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using Visual Studio 2003, how do I run ASP.NET Page. XP Home edition
> doesn't have IIS server, so how am I going to run them ?
>
> It seems that VS 2005 have built in ASP Server, to parse the ASP.NET page,
> but this feature is not available in VS 2003.
>

> So how do I display ASP.NET (.aspx) pages ??

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=

You can download cassini, ( the web server built into VS 2005) as a
standalone program from here
http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/...d/Default.aspx

"Arsalan" wrote:

> I'm using Visual Studio 2003, how do I run ASP.NET Page. XP Home edition
> doesn't have IIS server, so how am I going to run them ?
>
> It seems that VS 2005 have built in ASP Server, to parse the ASP.NET page,
> but this feature is not available in VS 2003.
>

> So how do I display ASP.NET (.aspx) pages ??

Juan T. Llibre

Try downloading and running Web Matrix, which *does* have an internal web server.

Download it at :

http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/

You should, however, upgrade to -at least- XP Pro.
XP Home isn't a web development platform.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/