Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > How do you test 1000Base-SX over MM Fiber??

How do you test 1000Base-SX over MM Fiber??

Ned

Hello

I am connecting a Catalyst 4507R to Catalyst 3560 switches over
existing 62.5 micron multimode fiber. There is also existing SM fiber
in all closets but no SM SFP modules were purchased for it. Last night
I connected the 3560 to the 4507 using the longest fiber run which is
720 feet. I connected workstations on each end and copied files
accross. Are there any utilities or other methods of testing the
connection to ensure that I will not have problems once the connection
is used by multiple users?
Also, there are multiple MM and SM connections, can I configure
etherchannel on these?

Thanks
Ned