Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > lan switch on my vaio please help

lan switch on my vaio please help

=?Utf-8?B?d2F5bmU=?=

Hello people, when i switch on my lan switch how comes it has now windows or
information to guide you correctly. Also do i need to go into network
settings to get connected, my lan is switched on but i cant go into msn or
internet explorer, why cant i get online with the LAN switch even thoe it is
connected, please can some one who knows give me the straight answer as this
is happening to my friend as well, and he has a vaio as well. Also i gather
wireless networks is just for a notebook and a wireless router is that right,
and the lan switch is totally different all together, so i can get on the
internet when out and about in public, why doesnt microsoft keep it simple
for these things, some one please help me.

wayne notts,.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I assume you are talking about Wireless Network Card. The LAN Switch just
physically switch the LAN Card On.
Your computer's Network has to be correctly configured in order to work with
the Internet.
Installing Network: http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html
If the Network is installed, you can debug the Network Settings of a
computer by following these steps.
Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghostStep Two. Verify Basic network setting in the
OS: http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify If the above two Steps indicates
that every thing looks good but functionally it does not work.
Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...