Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IIS error: The page you are looking for is currently unavailable.

IIS error: The page you are looking for is currently unavailable.

dave

I keep getting the error message below when I try to access my
default.aspx page on a MS 2003 server. I am using v2 of .net.

I've been rehashing the file security settings and the web settings
but can't find a solution. If I place a 'test.html' doc as the
default doc the browsers shows the doc, but not the default.aspx doc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Error:

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
adjust your browser settings. The Web site might be experiencing
technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser
settings.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=

You probably have some kind of error in you aspx page but because you have
custom errors turned on IIS is sending the browser "freindly" error messages.

If you make sure the customErrors lin in you web.config file reads something
like the one below you will get a more helpfull error message.

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

You may also want to turn de-bugging on by setting the debugging property of
the comp;liation tage to tru, like the line below

<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true"
urlLinePragmas="true"/>

You waould want to put these settings back to how they were in a production
enviroment.