Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird, Mailwasher and multiple profiles

Thunderbird, Mailwasher and multiple profiles

gabbot

With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.

I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads to
the first TBird account I set up.

From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual TBird
icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot do it
through Mailwasher.

Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
Mailwasher to recognize them?

GA

gwtc

gabbot wrote:

> With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
> them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.
>
> I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
> emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
> the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
> which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads to
> the first TBird account I set up.
>
> From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual TBird
> icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot do it
> through Mailwasher.
>
> Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
> Mailwasher to recognize them?
>
> GA

you might get better help in the mailwasher forums:
http://castlecops.com/f50-Mailwasher...g_General.html

--
Things to Ponder about: Why do people point to their wrist when asking
for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the

gabbot

gwtc wrote:
> gabbot wrote:
>
>> With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
>> them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.
>>
>> I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
>> emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
>> the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
>> which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads
>> to the first TBird account I set up.
>>
>> From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual
>> TBird icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot
>> do it through Mailwasher.
>>
>> Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
>> Mailwasher to recognize them?
>>
>> GA

> you might get better help in the mailwasher forums:
> http://castlecops.com/f50-Mailwasher...g_General.html

I was over there and did a search but found nothing. So decided to try
here first to see if anyone has run into the problem with multiple TBird
profiles.

GA

--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

gwtc

gabbot wrote:

> gwtc wrote:
>
>>gabbot wrote:
>>

>>>With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
>>>them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.
>>>
>>>I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
>>>emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
>>>the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
>>>which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads
>>>to the first TBird account I set up.
>>>
>>> From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual
>>>TBird icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot
>>>do it through Mailwasher.
>>>
>>>Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
>>>Mailwasher to recognize them?
>>>
>>>GA

>>you might get better help in the mailwasher forums:
>>http://castlecops.com/f50-Mailwasher...g_General.html
>>

> I was over there and did a search but found nothing. So decided to try
> here first to see if anyone has run into the problem with multiple TBird
> profiles.
>
> GA

then post and ask

--
Things to Ponder about: Why do people point to their wrist when asking
for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the
bathroom is?

Peter Boerhof

gabbot wrote:

> With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
> them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.
>
> I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
> emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
> the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
> which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads
> to the first TBird account I set up.
>
> From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual TBird
> icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot do it
> through Mailwasher.
>
> Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
> Mailwasher to recognize them?
>
> GA

I think it's in the T'bird profile manager , when you start it you
should uncheck "don't ask at startup" so it will come up so you can
choose wich profile to start.

Peter.

SteveG

gabbot wrote:
> With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
> them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.
>
> I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
> emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
> the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
> which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads to
> the first TBird account I set up.
>
> From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual TBird
> icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot do it
> through Mailwasher.
>
> Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
> Mailwasher to recognize them?
>
> GA

Unless I'm missing something here, what you are trying to achieve is a
function of TB not Mailwasher - you need to set up filters to direct the
incoming mail to the various accounts.

At least that's what I've done. I'm using TB with Mailwasher and have 3
accounts set-up in TB. My filters simply look at the email address in
the To and CC fields and route them accordingly.

HTH

--
Regards

Steve G