Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Slow Intel 2915 Downloads vs Fast Netgear Adapter

Slow Intel 2915 Downloads vs Fast Netgear Adapter

JoeC

I have an Asus Z71A to which I recently added an Intel 2915 card. The
problem is that this card's download performance lags behind what I had
before - a Netgear PCMCIA card - by about 4:1; I get something like 4.5
MB with the Netgear and at best 1 MB with the 2915.

The router is a Linksys "B" as is the Netgear card. I have changed RWIN
settings but to no avail - the 2915 still underperforms. I am using
Intel's latest drivers, so that is not an issue. The 2915 gets
excellent recpetion - better than the Netgear.

I am stumped and would appreciate some thoughts on what the problem
might be.

Quaoar

JoeC wrote:
> I have an Asus Z71A to which I recently added an Intel 2915 card. The
> problem is that this card's download performance lags behind what I had
> before - a Netgear PCMCIA card - by about 4:1; I get something like 4.5
> MB with the Netgear and at best 1 MB with the 2915.
>
> The router is a Linksys "B" as is the Netgear card. I have changed RWIN
> settings but to no avail - the 2915 still underperforms. I am using
> Intel's latest drivers, so that is not an issue. The 2915 gets
> excellent recpetion - better than the Netgear.
>

> I am stumped and would appreciate some thoughts on what the problem
> might be.

Reboot your entire modem/router/computer system. See if that helps.