Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > WAN packet loss/latency

WAN packet loss/latency

bigbrorpi@gmail.com

Hi -

I have a C3750 L3 switch connected to a C2950 via metro ethernet. The
2950 is at a remote site. There is a 2nd 2950 in parallel at the remote
site with another metro ethernet link as a backup to another 3750.

Users at the remote site alot of packet loss and excessive latency
(100ms+) when there a remote user is trying to pull a file from the
main site. It's cyclical and during nominal network activity, I end up
with normal 3-4ms ping times with an occasional 15ms ping time.

The two 3750s act as default gateways for the remote site running HSRP.

I cannot find the problem that is causing the latency. I do not see any
STP recalculations. I've tested both metro ethernet links (they're
different providers), and worked extensively with the providers and
found no circuit issues.

Can anyone think of any other things that might be causing these
issues?

Thanks

info@blueconsole.com

Try a ping from the 2950 management address to each L3 hop to find out
which link is introducing the latency.
Ping to each of the HSRP real address, the virtual, the 3750 management
address, routers behind the 3750, etc.
This will assist you determining which link is yielding the latency.

Steve Griffin
www.blueconsole.com (Bluetooth Wireless Console Cable)

Re: Dual WAN on a 2651, NAT inside, opening one port on the seconday WAN Martin Gallagher Cisco 0 11-27-2012 09:27 AM
PIX 501 - 2 WAN Connections, how to route certain IPs to the 2nd WAN Casper Cisco 1 08-17-2007 08:17 PM
Cisco ASA: VPN behaviour when packet loss is high on WAN Bernd Nies Cisco 1 04-18-2007 01:43 PM
Ethernet WAN and not WAN. AM Cisco 1 05-23-2005 11:45 PM
Need to securely connect workstations on another WAN to my WAN kev Cisco 4 11-17-2003 01:55 AM

Advertisments