Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Inbox flooded with old read receipts

Inbox flooded with old read receipts

James

So how does that happen, I had a user come to me because his inbox has 850
new emails, all old read receipts, just came through all the sudden...any
ideas?

Wayne

news:u4IFbD$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So how does that happen, I had a user come to me because his inbox has 850
> new emails, all old read receipts, just came through all the sudden...any
> ideas?

Operating System? Client Version? Mail Server Version? Circumstances
(migration, upgrade, no changes, etc) ? A little more information would help
a lot. As would some evidence that you've tried searching Google or
Microsoft before posting to an *exam* Newsgroup. Have you asked in the
appropriate Client or Server NG's?
Try going to the list of newsgroups and filter by
"microsoft.public.exchange." (minus quotes), there are 12 groups just for
Exchange.

Wayne McGlinn
Brisbane, Oz
MCNGP Silver
MCP Windows 95

=?Utf-8?B?QnJlYWQtdGVhc2Vy?=

Did u asked what sites he was visiting Lately?

He probably get an internet commercial that reads>. you have just won a
BRAND NEW LAPTOP FROM DELL!! Claim your price right here NOW!!!

Tell him to go to post office and ask for a certified mail blocker stamp and
mailed to you first class.
or refer them to mcngp for more details.

--

"James" wrote:

> So how does that happen, I had a user come to me because his inbox has 850
> new emails, all old read receipts, just came through all the sudden...any
> ideas?

Bigus DiŠkus

**Bread-teaser's** the one who fcukin said it
<<-------------------------------->>
> Did u asked what sites he was visiting Lately?
>
> He probably get an internet commercial that reads>. you have just won
> a BRAND NEW LAPTOP FROM DELL!! Claim your price right here NOW!!!
>
> Tell him to go to post office and ask for a certified mail blocker
> stamp and mailed to you first class.
> or refer them to mcngp for more details.

You're a FUŠKING moron!!

--
Bigus DiŠkus
MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

Bigus DiŠkus

**James's** the one who fcukin said it
<<-------------------------------->>
> So how does that happen, I had a user come to me because his inbox
> has 850 new emails, all old read receipts, just came through all the
> sudden...any ideas?

I've had this problem come up, but never could figure out why. I do know
that it was something in the Exchange mailbox that got reset. Try looking
for clues in the Technet portion of the MS Exchange site. As you have not
provided us with enough information (as Wayne stated above) it is a bit
difficult to completely understand your issue.

And don't listen to that moron bread-teaser the inside of his skull is
filled with play-dough.

--
Bigus DiŠkus
MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

=?Utf-8?B?QnJlYWQtdGVhc2Vy?=

that's because u're an idiot
--

"Bigus DiŠkus" wrote:
> I've had this problem come up, but never could figure out why.

Bigus DiŠkus

**Bread-teaser's** the one who fcukin said it
<<-------------------------------->>
> that's because u're an idiot

So tell me br@indumpiac, since you are such a brilliant computer scientist.
What is the prognosis? Can you figure out what this gentleman is takling
about based on his symptoms?

So then *SHUT THE FUŠK UP!!!*

--
Bigus DiŠkus
MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

James

Yeah I didn't give much details, just though perhaps someone here might have
had something simular come up.

On the server its exchange 2003, OS is windows 2000 server. All Serviced
packed up patched up to date. Client is running through windows 2000
Terminal Server, Outlook 2003. No changes to the sy stem have been made,
only affected the one user. If you check the exchange server, sure enough
it shows all the messages going through it....
weird...

"Bigus DiŠkus" <BigusDiŠkus@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> **James's** the one who fcukin said it
> <<-------------------------------->>
>> So how does that happen, I had a user come to me because his inbox
>> has 850 new emails, all old read receipts, just came through all the
>> sudden...any ideas?
>>

> I've had this problem come up, but never could figure out why. I do know
> that it was something in the Exchange mailbox that got reset. Try looking
> for clues in the Technet portion of the MS Exchange site. As you have not
> provided us with enough information (as Wayne stated above) it is a bit
> difficult to completely understand your issue.
>
> And don't listen to that moron bread-teaser the inside of his skull is
> filled with play-dough.
>
> --
> Bigus DiŠkus
> MCNGP Sb (Antimony)
> --You can't have it....it's *mine*

Jtyc

> I've had this problem come up, but never could figure out why. I do know
> that it was something in the Exchange mailbox that got reset.

Well I have seen it happen when I've gone to the queue in the System Manager
and forced a connection. All of a sudden WHAM, all the pending or stuck
emails hit all at once.

This is a discussion that should be moved to the Exchange groups though,
they'll be able to help a lot more over there.

=?Utf-8?B?TG9vcEJhY2s=?=

In another mind-numbing episode of "I'm an eejit", "Bread-teaser" wrote:
> Did u asked what sites he was visiting Lately?
> He probably get an internet commercial that reads>. you have just won a
> BRAND NEW LAPTOP FROM DELL!! Claim your price right here NOW!!!
> Tell him to go to post office and ask for a certified mail blocker stamp and
> mailed to you first class.
> or refer them to mcngp for more details.

Are you on Crack? James didn't give much info, but this is definitely NOT
the reason why it happened.
--
LoopBack