Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Stopping people opening a page

Stopping people opening a page

BobLaughland

Hi There,

I am writing an ASP .NET 2.0 web site.

Just wondering how I can stop people accessing a certain page when they
shouldn't.

For example I have 2 pages,

test1.aspx
test2.aspx

I want there to be a link on page 'test1' which will take the user to
'test2', but if you type 'test2.aspx' in the browser pane, or hit the
back button it shouldn't let the user view tha page 'test2' page.

Basically the user will be filling out a form on each page, and the
information would be incomplete or inconsistant if they went to the
wrong page at the wrong time.

Thanks,

Peter.

John Timney \( MVP \)

Look at the wizard control and its activestep index
http://quickstart.developerfusion.co...rd/wizard.aspx

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

"BobLaughland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi There,
>
> I am writing an ASP .NET 2.0 web site.
>
> Just wondering how I can stop people accessing a certain page when they
> shouldn't.
>
> For example I have 2 pages,
>
> test1.aspx
> test2.aspx
>
> I want there to be a link on page 'test1' which will take the user to
> 'test2', but if you type 'test2.aspx' in the browser pane, or hit the
> back button it shouldn't let the user view tha page 'test2' page.
>
> Basically the user will be filling out a form on each page, and the
> information would be incomplete or inconsistant if they went to the
> wrong page at the wrong time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter.

BobLaughland

Fantastic, didn't think about using that. It will make it look and run
very nicely I think.

Thanks again!!!