Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cannot access internet with networked computer

Cannot access internet with networked computer

=?Utf-8?B?TG96?=

I bought evrything necessary to network mine and my son's compjuter. Followed
all instructions etc. Although the second computer says everything is
enabled, Internet cannot be found.
Anybody has any suggestions?

Jack

Hi
Hard even to Guess!
What type of Computer and OS you use?
What did you buy?
How did you connected it?
What does work?
In general, sharing Broadband connetion should look like this.
http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
In General, you can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following
these steps.
Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
Step Two. Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify
If the above two Steps indicates that every thing looks good but
functionally it does not work.
Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
If need to Reinstall; Log to this page it have a lot of links to
instructions for Windows Network
Installation -http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...