Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > how i can let one Username logon to domain?

Reply
Thread Tools

how i can let one Username logon to domain?

 
 
Tark Siala
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-21-2006
hi
i have a domain (Company.com)
and have many users (UserA, UserB, UserC)
i need if UserA logon to my domain, another user cant logon by same username
and password.
thats mean if another person want logon by UserA, domain stop it, and dont
let it to logon.

--
Best Regards

Tark M. Siala
Development Manager
INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER CENTER (ICC.Networking)
Mobile: +218-91-3125900
E-Mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Messenger: (E-Mail Removed)
Web Page: http://www.icc-libya.com
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/tarksiala
======================================


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
S. Pidgorny
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2006
There are some utilities, for example - LimitLogin -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tec...t/default.aspx

Another approach is to use a logon script that tries to connect to a network
share that alows a limited number of connections, and kick the user out if
connection to the share is already present. Scripting required.

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

"Tark Siala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
> i have a domain (Company.com)
> and have many users (UserA, UserB, UserC)
> i need if UserA logon to my domain, another user cant logon by same
> username and password.
> thats mean if another person want logon by UserA, domain stop it, and dont
> let it to logon.
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Tark M. Siala
> Development Manager
> INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER CENTER (ICC.Networking)
> Mobile: +218-91-3125900
> E-Mail: (E-Mail Removed)
> Messenger: (E-Mail Removed)
> Web Page: http://www.icc-libya.com
> Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/tarksiala
> ======================================
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roger Abell [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-25-2006
Aside from what Svyatoslav has already pointed out,
you could consider the advantages gained by giving an
account to a person. That is, if each person only had
their account, then you would no have multiple people
logging in with the same accounts, and as side effect
when you see in the logs UserA you know who it was.


"Tark Siala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
> i have a domain (Company.com)
> and have many users (UserA, UserB, UserC)
> i need if UserA logon to my domain, another user cant logon by same
> username and password.
> thats mean if another person want logon by UserA, domain stop it, and dont
> let it to logon.
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Tark M. Siala
> Development Manager
> INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER CENTER (ICC.Networking)
> Mobile: +218-91-3125900
> E-Mail: (E-Mail Removed)
> Messenger: (E-Mail Removed)
> Web Page: http://www.icc-libya.com
> Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/tarksiala
> ======================================
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Tark Siala
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-25-2006
hi
yes i know.
but some time i have public account for 2 or more users.
like (Backup Account) or (Maintance Account)
and have 2 users to working with this account.

and some time (Bad Time) users share Accounts, to do something.

--
Tarek M. Siala

"Roger Abell [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Aside from what Svyatoslav has already pointed out,
> you could consider the advantages gained by giving an
> account to a person. That is, if each person only had
> their account, then you would no have multiple people
> logging in with the same accounts, and as side effect
> when you see in the logs UserA you know who it was.
>
>
> "Tark Siala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hi
>> i have a domain (Company.com)
>> and have many users (UserA, UserB, UserC)
>> i need if UserA logon to my domain, another user cant logon by same
>> username and password.
>> thats mean if another person want logon by UserA, domain stop it, and
>> dont let it to logon.
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Tark M. Siala
>> Development Manager
>> INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER CENTER (ICC.Networking)
>> Mobile: +218-91-3125900
>> E-Mail: (E-Mail Removed)
>> Messenger: (E-Mail Removed)
>> Web Page: http://www.icc-libya.com
>> Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/tarksiala
>> ======================================
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Herb Martin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-25-2006
"Tark Siala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
> yes i know.
> but some time i have public account for 2 or more users.
> like (Backup Account) or (Maintance Account)
> and have 2 users to working with this account.
>
> and some time (Bad Time) users share Accounts, to do something.


It's better to have ONE GROUP for such privilages and
add the users (either their normal account OR a task
specific account) to the GROUP.

Shared accounts are ALMOST always a bad practice.

But this doesn't likely solve you problem as I get the
impression that you don't want UserAlice doing
backups while UserBob is also trying to do that same
task....

--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
Accelerated MCSE
http://www.LearnQuick.Com
[phone number on web site]

>
> --
> Tarek M. Siala
>
> "Roger Abell [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Aside from what Svyatoslav has already pointed out,
>> you could consider the advantages gained by giving an
>> account to a person. That is, if each person only had
>> their account, then you would no have multiple people
>> logging in with the same accounts, and as side effect
>> when you see in the logs UserA you know who it was.
>>
>>
>> "Tark Siala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> hi
>>> i have a domain (Company.com)
>>> and have many users (UserA, UserB, UserC)
>>> i need if UserA logon to my domain, another user cant logon by same
>>> username and password.
>>> thats mean if another person want logon by UserA, domain stop it, and
>>> dont let it to logon.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best Regards
>>>
>>> Tark M. Siala
>>> Development Manager
>>> INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER CENTER (ICC.Networking)
>>> Mobile: +218-91-3125900
>>> E-Mail: (E-Mail Removed)
>>> Messenger: (E-Mail Removed)
>>> Web Page: http://www.icc-libya.com
>>> Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/tarksiala
>>> ======================================
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get UserName of logon control from code Froefel ASP .Net 3 07-12-2007 11:36 AM
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied aemi Java 1 02-07-2007 07:09 PM
loginview control displays network username instead of (web) username Shailesh Patel ASP .Net Web Controls 0 11-08-2006 08:19 PM
Question Help: Logon vs Account Logon, Local Logon vs Authentication CJH Microsoft Certification 0 01-04-2006 04:03 PM
Change the username found in "C:\Documents and Settings\Username" The Reluctant Robot Named Jude Computer Support 1 05-05-2004 07:11 AM



Advertisments