Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Extracting zip file with asp.net 2.0

Extracting zip file with asp.net 2.0

Moistly

I wish to be able to extract/ unpack a zip file which has been uploaded
to the server.

Does anybody know how I would go\about this using either DeflateStream
or GZipStream.

Or would it be better to use a 3rd party component.

Thanks

Mark Rae

"Moistly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Does anybody know how I would go\about this using either DeflateStream
> or GZipStream.

As I understand it, they don't work (well) on file zips.

> Or would it be better to use a 3rd party component.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...%22C%23%22+Zip

My personal choice is: http://www.chilkatsoft.com/zip-dotnet.asp

Jacob

I like the zip/unzip library from SharpZipLib. Google for it, it
handles multiple zip formats.

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBSb2JlcnRz?=

For v1.1 or v2 , The J# library has one you can use. Look for zipcompression
(one word) on MSDN.
I heard a rumor that SP 1 of v2 will include zip capability in
System...Compression...

--
Brad

"Software is like melted pudding..."

"Jacob" wrote:

> I like the zip/unzip library from SharpZipLib. Google for it, it
> handles multiple zip formats.

Mark Rae

"Brad Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I heard a rumor that SP 1 of v2 will include zip capability in
> System...Compression...

Sounds interesting - can anyone confirm this...?

AlexL [Xceed]

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:33:01 +0100, "Mark Rae"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Brad Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I heard a rumor that SP 1 of v2 will include zip capability in
>> System...Compression...

>Sounds interesting - can anyone confirm this...?

The .NET framework 2.0 will only have raw/deflate compression for
streams. It will not support the Zip file format.

Free C# zip library, under GPL license: http://www.sharpziplib.org

We also make one, commercial-grade, full featured, fully documented,
with full support (see my sig below)

--
Alex Leblanc
Xceed Software Inc.

Check out our advanced, multi-talented .NET zip compression library

Email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (remove the first 'x')

Moistly

Thabks

ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.FastZip does exactly what i needed