Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Change protocol in form submit, relative path

Change protocol in form submit, relative path

D Godwin

This is probably more of a straight HTML question, but here goes: I want to
change from http to https during a form submit. This it pretty
straightforward with a complete path
(action=https://site.com/folder/page.aspx), but how can you specify a
relative path so you don't have to change it when switching from a
development site to the production site?

Thanks.
David

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=

You can't becuase no page on a secure website can be relative to an insecure
one, they are totally seperate, it's as if you are refering to a page on a
different domain.

"D Godwin" wrote:

> This is probably more of a straight HTML question, but here goes: I want to
> change from http to https during a form submit. This it pretty
> straightforward with a complete path
> (action=https://site.com/folder/page.aspx), but how can you specify a
> relative path so you don't have to change it when switching from a
> development site to the production site?
>
> Thanks.
> David

D Godwin

That's what I thought. I'll just load it from the config file and change it
as needed there.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...