Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > AJAX and Framework 1.1

AJAX and Framework 1.1

Sara T.

I know that .NET Framework 2.0 has already come with AJAX, but if I am still
using ASP.NET 1.1, which component of AJAX is so powerful?

Or does Microsoft provide us any component of ajax to be downloaded?

Milsnips

Hi Sara,

I am still using .NET 1.1 with VS2003 and i tested a number of them for my
apps and found Ajax.NEt to be the best performer.

C# link : http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/c...e/default.aspx
VB.NET: http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/v...e/default.aspx

regards,
Paul

"Sara T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uc%23w$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know that .NET Framework 2.0 has already come with AJAX, but if I am
>still using ASP.NET 1.1, which component of AJAX is so powerful?
>
> Or does Microsoft provide us any component of ajax to be downloaded?

Karl Seguin [MVP]

I agree, there are some alternatives though, namely MagicAjax.

I did write some documentation for AJAX.NET, check out:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...SpicedAjax.asp

Karl

--
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Milsnips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Oe1$V$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Sara,
>
> I am still using .NET 1.1 with VS2003 and i tested a number of them for my
> apps and found Ajax.NEt to be the best performer.
>
> C# link : http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/c...e/default.aspx
> VB.NET: http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/v...e/default.aspx
>

> regards,
> Paul
>
> "Sara T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uc%23w$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I know that .NET Framework 2.0 has already come with AJAX, but if I am
>>still using ASP.NET 1.1, which component of AJAX is so powerful?
>>
>> Or does Microsoft provide us any component of ajax to be downloaded?

Darrel

> I am still using .NET 1.1 with VS2003 and i tested a number of them for my
> apps and found Ajax.NEt to be the best performer.

However, from what I understand, Ajax.net is no longer being maintained, is
that correct?

-Darrel

Michael Schwarz

"Darrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:%23Naw%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I am still using .NET 1.1 with VS2003 and i tested a number of them for
>> my apps and found Ajax.NEt to be the best performer.

> However, from what I understand, Ajax.net is no longer being maintained,
> is that correct?

No, the old Ajax.NET version has been upgraded to Ajax.NET Professional
which is available at http://www.ajaxpro.info/.

Regards,
Michael