Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cat 5 vs Cat 6

Cat 5 vs Cat 6

=?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=

I'm sure there is an answer there is going to be a difference of opinion
about this, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if going from Cat 5 to
Cat 6 will increase my bandwidth speed on my connection to my main computer.

Just curious.

Thanks,

Ryan

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

Cat5e is rated for the current Giga (1000Mb/sec.) standard.

There is No technical benefit from using CAT6.

CAT6 can conduct more than the current Giga so it is mainly used in New in
Wall installations, thus avoiding the need to reinstall CAT5e in the future.

CAT6 would not "Squeeze" better Speed from the current hardware. A $10 bill
stays $10 even if you put it in a bigger valet.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...