Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Totally off topic meandering post

OT: Totally off topic meandering post

CBIC

As some of you know, I gave my notice where I currently work. Today one of
my soon to be former lusers wanders up to me and starts telling me about
this problem she's having. Now she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer,
but I'm bored so I listen to her go on and on, using the work "like" at
least 435 times. I know exactly what her problem is by the time she's
halfway through "like" explaining it to me. It seems to her that she's
missing a bunch of information that she like entered into our system. Now
our system is strange in the fact that there are several places you can
enter the same information. So I ask her where she put this information and
she goes on and on about how like she puts it in the same spot like
everytime. By now I'm bored with her so I tell her to bring me some customer
numbers so I can verify the problem. This is usually the best way to shut
them up and get them to quit bothering me. Well, she shows up an hour later
with a list of numbers. So I put the first one in and go to where she
"always puts like this information." Nope, nothing there. I go to a
different module and bingo, there it is. "Like how did that get there?"
Obviously she entered in the sales order module and not the invoice module.
So I tell her to take all these customer numbers and re-enter the data
correctly. She gets p1ssed at me and throws a hissy fit, threatening to tell
my manager and get me fired if I don't fix this for her. I start laughing
and ask her if she knows that my last day is next Wednesday. "So you won't
like help me then?" I told her I'd be glad to help her but I won't get to it
until next Friday. I wonder how long it will be until she catches on to that
one.

--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

Bigus SiŠkus

<< While I was at work, CBIC spurted out:
> As some of you know, I gave my notice where I currently work. Today
> one of my soon to be former lusers wanders up to me and starts
> telling me about this problem she's having. Now she's not the
> sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm bored so I listen to her go on
> and on, using the work "like" at least 435 times. I know exactly what
> her problem is by the time she's halfway through "like" explaining it
> to me. It seems to her that she's missing a bunch of information that
> she like entered into our system. Now our system is strange in the
> fact that there are several places you can enter the same
> information. So I ask her where she put this information and she goes
> on and on about how like she puts it in the same spot like everytime.
> By now I'm bored with her so I tell her to bring me some customer
> numbers so I can verify the problem. This is usually the best way to
> shut them up and get them to quit bothering me. Well, she shows up an
> hour later with a list of numbers. So I put the first one in and go
> to where she "always puts like this information." Nope, nothing
> there. I go to a different module and bingo, there it is. "Like how
> did that get there?" Obviously she entered in the sales order module
> and not the invoice module. So I tell her to take all these customer
> numbers and re-enter the data correctly. She gets p1ssed at me and
> throws a hissy fit, threatening to tell my manager and get me fired
> if I don't fix this for her. I start laughing and ask her if she
> knows that my last day is next Wednesday. "So you won't like help me
> then?" I told her I'd be glad to help her but I won't get to it until
> next Friday. I wonder how long it will be until she catches on to
> that one.

Like LM*F*AO....Like what a twit! Like ohmyghod! Um, I'll bet she'll like never
figure it out.

You should have told her to replace "like" with "fuŠking" when she talks....see
how long that lasts.

--
Bigus SiŠkus
MCNGP #51

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As some of you know, I gave my notice where I currently work. Today one of
> my soon to be former lusers wanders up to me and starts telling me about
> this problem she's having. Now she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer,
> but I'm bored so I listen to her go on and on, using the work "like" at
> least 435 times. I know exactly what her problem is by the time she's
> halfway through "like" explaining it to me. It seems to her that she's
> missing a bunch of information that she like entered into our system. Now
> our system is strange in the fact that there are several places you can
> enter the same information. So I ask her where she put this information
> and she goes on and on about how like she puts it in the same spot like
> everytime. By now I'm bored with her so I tell her to bring me some
> customer numbers so I can verify the problem. This is usually the best way
> to shut them up and get them to quit bothering me. Well, she shows up an
> hour later with a list of numbers. So I put the first one in and go to
> where she "always puts like this information." Nope, nothing there. I go
> to a different module and bingo, there it is. "Like how did that get
> there?" Obviously she entered in the sales order module and not the
> invoice module. So I tell her to take all these customer numbers and
> re-enter the data correctly. She gets p1ssed at me and throws a hissy fit,
> threatening to tell my manager and get me fired if I don't fix this for
> her. I start laughing and ask her if she knows that my last day is next
> Wednesday. "So you won't like help me then?" I told her I'd be glad to
> help her but I won't get to it until next Friday. I wonder how long it
> will be until she catches on to that one.

I've probably told this story before, but what da hale.

Twenty one years ago (yeah, I'm old) I was working my last week at my first
IT job, a company called XtraSoft in Sunnyvale, CA. We marketed a
Point-of-sale system in DOS (originally in CP/M). The programmers would
share the tech support, and on that particular day (my turn) I got a call
from a men's clothing retailer who was trying to backup his inventory files
(on 5.25" floppy - state of the art at the time) but it was telling him the
diskettes were full. I explained that the program needed a set of blank
floppy diskettes for the backup, and he said he only had the one set. So I
said no problem, we just need to erase the contents of the diskettes and
then you'll be able to backup with no problem. "Type Format A: and press
Enter," I said. "Okay, I'll do that, I have to go now because I have
customers!" and he hung up without waiting for a response.

The next day he called and asked to talk to the manager. Apparently all of
his data on his computer was wiped-out. He said he did exactly what I'd
told him to do. He typed FORMAT and a colon. Not "A" and a colon, a colon.

After I explained to my supervisors (the company owners) what had happened,
I told them that they should call him back and tell him that the employee in
question had been fired. They liked that idea but they didn't do it.

Jtyc

You're like, totally mean dude.

CBIC

In news:%(E-Mail Removed),
Jtyc <(E-Mail Removed)> simply stated:
> You're like, totally mean dude.

Like, thanks, like, alot.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

kpg

As FrisbeeŽ once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

> (originally in CP/M)

haha...you said CP/M.

FrisbeeŽ

news:Xns97AB9C3F0E970ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .
> As FrisbeeŽ once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
>
>> (originally in CP/M)

> haha...you said CP/M.

PIP A:=C:*.*

ZDOS RUTS'd CP/M tho. My development machine was a Zenith that had (gasp)
dual processors! A Z80 and an 8080! I could boot up in either CP/M or
ZDOS.

Jtyc

> My development machine was a Zenith that had (gasp)

My company drove Zenith out of existance...

Good ole Packard Bell...

kpg

As FrisbeeŽ once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\195445.htm (4/20/2006
> 3:41:25 PM) # "kpg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns97AB9C3F0E970ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .
>> As FrisbeeŽ once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
>>
>>> (originally in CP/M)

>> haha...you said CP/M.

> PIP A:=C:*.*
>
> ZDOS RUTS'd CP/M tho. My development machine was a Zenith that had
> (gasp) dual processors! A Z80 and an 8080! I could boot up in either
> CP/M or ZDOS.

OMG.

The brain cells are waking up.

PIP - Peripheral Interface Program. NOt as easy to use as copy but
much more powerful.

Makes me wonder where all that info is stored when I can't even
remember my bankcard PIN.

Z80 - I wrote a few simple ASM program's on it. (like battleship).

It's one of thoses 1 opcode languages where you have to push things
on the stack to operate on them. Cool.

I had an Osbore II with Wordstar, DBase III, was it SuperCalc?
and a 300 baud modem...painfully slow even back then.

kpg

Peripheral Interchange Program

Darn brain cells.