Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > This page contains both secure and nonsecure items

This page contains both secure and nonsecure items

Mantorok

Hi all

This has been driving me nuts for months now, if I access my site from IE
https://db.cornwall.gov.uk/PlanningApplications and then hover over one of
the 2-level menus it comes up with the message:

"This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display
the nonsecure items?"

I've confirmed that there are "no" nonsecure items on this site, it works ok
from Firefox but not IE.

Can someone have a look at the site and see if they get the same problem -
it's been driving me crazy - and why does it only come up when hovering over
the menu item?

Thanks all
Kev

Karl Seguin [MVP]

You'll find all the answers you need at:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jorman/archive...06/526087.aspx

it's because the popup is loaded into a non-secure iframe. A solution is
provided at the link above, but for the sake of posterity:

<script runat="server">
{
Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(typeof(Pag e),
"MenuHttpsWorkaround", Menu1.ClientID +
"_Data.iframeUrl='https://myserver/someblankpage.htm';", true);
base.Render(writer);
}
</script>

--
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Mantorok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e27gr8$n40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> This has been driving me nuts for months now, if I access my site from IE
> https://db.cornwall.gov.uk/PlanningApplications and then hover over one of
> the 2-level menus it comes up with the message:
>
> "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to
> display
> the nonsecure items?"
>
> I've confirmed that there are "no" nonsecure items on this site, it works
> ok
> from Firefox but not IE.
>
> Can someone have a look at the site and see if they get the same problem -
> it's been driving me crazy - and why does it only come up when hovering
> over
> the menu item?
>
> Thanks all
> Kev