Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 7960 SIP phones

Cisco 7960 SIP phones

davemsharp@gmail.com

Hi,

I have got my setup almost how I would like it now, but I have just
two last remaining issues that I cant seem to find answers too so i'd
be grateful if someone could help?

1) Since upgrading my Cisco 7960 SIP phone to P0S3-08-2-00 the phone
now displays the IP address of my asterisk server alongside the caller
ID of the incoming call. For example "0123456789@192.168.0.1", rather
than "0123456789" as before. Is there any way to stop this? All
incoming calls come via the asterisk server so I would prefer it to
not display it.

2) I have set up an external directory on the phone which is linked to
an XML file on a web server. Is it possible to get the 7960 to display
the name given in the external directory for an incoming call? At the
moment it just displays the callerid@ipaddress as detailed above.

Thanks for any help you are able to give

Dave