Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ORIGINAL CODE GETS EXECUTED NOT THE NEW CODE - ASCX

ORIGINAL CODE GETS EXECUTED NOT THE NEW CODE - ASCX

sk

hello , this is sk, new to this group

problem>>>>
i have a .ascx file
any changes done to this file do not get mapped
it does not throw any errors
but the compiler executes the code that was originally present

i got to know this since i tried to remove all the procedures in the
file
kept only the blank form_load

still it executed the logic
WHICH WAS BASICALLY NOT PRESENT AT ALL
i had removed all the procedures to add to the database
still it was inserting in the database

when i try to debug and the new logic is present it doesnot follow the
logical flow
it seems to have a flow of its own
i think the original file is present but invisible
the changes made by me are just visible but not executable
IS THIS SOMETHING TO DO WITH VSS

AND IF IT IS SOMETHING REALLY BASIC EVEN THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW

HELP

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Is all your logic is a codebehind file? (like ascx.vb or ascx.cs)? If so,
you need to recompile your code and drop the project's dll in the bin
directory.

If not, it'd be helpful to know if you are using Visual Studio or not, and
which version of .NET you are using..

Karl

--
http://www.openmymind.net/