Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Zero Configuration Service

Wireless Zero Configuration Service

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNP?=

I have several users that all the sudden the wireless zero configuration
service has been removed or disabled. I have found nothing in common with
these laptops. No updates were pushed and no viruses found. I am not able to
locate any ifnormation on the web. Any suggestions?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

One scenario might be...

Many new laptops come with a configuration that loads the Original Wireless
manufacturer Utility at Startup.

The Wireless can be maintained only by one agent, so these utilities usually
are programmed to switch off Windows Zero Configuration (WZC).

Many people prefer the flexibility of WZC. In such a case the 3rd party
Utility has to be disabled from starting, and WZC has to be initiated again.

Selective Disabling of Startup can be easily done with this,
http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#process

Reviving WZC here, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...