Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java 3GP Codec

Java 3GP Codec

canodabasioglu@gmail.com

Hello, for a MMS-Application I'm trying to show 3gp-files with my Java
app. I heard that it should work with jffmpeg but I still couldn't get
it to work.

I added the following Codec:

String JFFMPEG_VIDEO = "net.sourceforge.jffmpeg.VideoDecoder";
try {
Codec video = (Codec) Class.forName(JFFMPEG_VIDEO).newInstance();
PlugInManager.addPlugIn(JFFMPEG_VIDEO,
video.getSupportedInputFormats(),
video.getSupportedOutputFormats(null),
PlugInManager.CODEC);
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

and then started the player.

It already works for mpg-Videos, but if the file-extension is .3gp the
player throws a
javax.media.NoPlayerException: Cannot find a Player for :
file://C:/can_test.3gp
When I change the file-name to can_test.mpg the player initializes but
doen't show a
picture.

How can I register the 3gp-extension

Thanks