Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > File sharing...

File sharing...

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBBIEdvb2RmZWxsb3c=?=

I have a peer-to-peer wireless network between two computers set up in both
Windows and the wireless access point software.

What I'm trying to do now is to share files between the computers.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
-Thanks

Malke

Michael A Goodfellow wrote:

> I have a peer-to-peer wireless network between two computers set up in
> both Windows and the wireless access point software.
>
> What I'm trying to do now is to share files between the computers.
>
> Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
> -Thanks

Since you haven't told us what Windows operating systems (and versions
if XP) the computers are running, here are some general instructions:

Assuming some version of XP Service Pack 2 - Run the Network Setup
Wizard on both computers, making sure to enable File & Printer Sharing,
and reboot. The only "gotcha" is that this will turn on the XPSP2
Windows Firewall. If you aren't running a third-party firewall or have
an antivirus with "Internet Worm Protection" (like Norton 2005/06)
which acts as a firewall, then you're fine. If you have third-party
firewall software, configure it to allow the Local Area Network traffic
as trusted. I usually do this with my firewalls with an IP range. Ex.
would be 192.168.1.0-192.168.1.254. Obviously you would substitute your
correct subnet.

Shared Documents folder.

Here are some other links to help if the above isn't enough:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ilesharing.htm (Home)
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ring/index.htm
(Pro)

http://www.wown.info/