Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > creating a collection of java files

creating a collection of java files

kiran1785

i am working on a messenger project. i hv a collection of java files.. i
dont know much of java. can anyone plz tell me how to combine all these
files into a single project?
i am getting a lot of errors if i try to compile a single file including
other files as in c++

Oliver Wong

"kiran1785" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) lkaboutprogramming.com...
>i am working on a messenger project. i hv a collection of java files.. i
> dont know much of java. can anyone plz tell me how to combine all these
> files into a single project?
> i am getting a lot of errors if i try to compile a single file including
> other files as in c++

Do you have a Java IDE to work with?

Typically what is done is to put all the java files in the same
directory, or in a group of directories, where these directories act as
packages. However, you'll have to edit the Java files themselves so that
they declare which packages they belong to. If you're mixing C++ files with
Java files, you're either making a mistake, or you're doing something
relatively advanced (or both).

Out of curiosity, why are you messing around with Java files if you
don't know how to program in Java?

- Oliver