Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't Connect to an AES encrypted Wireless Network

Can't Connect to an AES encrypted Wireless Network

=?Utf-8?B?SkQ=?=

Ok, i am pulling my hair out over this one. HOw com windows will not connect
to an AES encrypted wireless network when I am using the windows client. It
allows me to select AES then why won't it connect, it connects just fine to a
TKIP encrypted network. I have XP SP2 all the updates, including the update
that is supposed make XP work with WPA2 and 11.i. Any ideas?? Thanks
everyone.
--
JD

=?Utf-8?B?U2hyaW5r?=

If you are selecting AES from the original windows pulldown boxes, the reason
is that the AES selection refers to an outdated standard. If you wan't to
set up an AES encrypted net thedn, select WPA2-PSK from the menu and proceed
from there. If, as you say you have all the updates installed, then it should
work OK
--
turning depression into normal human misery