Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > 2.0 woes

2.0 woes

=?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbSBTdWxsaXZhbg==?=

I'm trying, I really am. But the changes made in 2.0 are breaking me.
Apparently all my app_code class methods have to be public. Internal methods
can't be accessed by code on a page. Nope, not possible. I mark a method in
a helper class as internal and it becomes inaccessible to the code in my main
page's codebehind file. Okay, 2.0 is doing some freaky-ass individually
compiled file nonsense now, so I'll just find the filename of the page's
codebehind dll and then add an InternalsVisibleTo attribute to my app_code
class. I'm using fixed naming, so the name should remain the same. Nope,
doesn't work. It may work after you publish the website, but it doesn't
while debugging. I won't know because I can't tell the compiler to define
DEBUG so I can switch between the two depending on my build type, and I've
wasted enough time trying to get this to work to start using msbuild at the
command line. Spectacular.

Teemu Keiski

Yes, because App_Code gets bilt into its own assembly and pages etc into
their own. If you declare a base class for pages etc into App_Code, then it
would be possible.

In case that brings you unbearable issues, you can start using Web
Application project model (http://webproject.scottgu.com) which works very
similarly like things worked under VS2003.

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider

"William Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...